Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of my better maildays today.. Mantle, Teddy, and others!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Got this in today, and am very excited about it. It was one of the main balls that I wanted to get when I first started collecting autographed baseballs.

This is a 500 HR Club 11 signature ball with: Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Mike Schmidt, Harmon Killebrew, Reggie Jackson, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson, Willie McCovey, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Eddie Matthews. The ball came with a Steiner COA.

100_3119.jpg
100_3120.jpg
100_3124.jpg
100_3125.jpg
100_3126.jpg

I also uploaded some of my recent balls to come in including Ichiro, DaRocker's boy Lincecum, Stargell, Bench, Morgan, and a slew of others! - http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh32 ... ?start=all

Thanks for the look!

Tom

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry but there is not one sig on that ball that screams real to me.
Mantle and Williams on the Sweet Spot is a typical dead give away, as those two are the ones that people want to see and those were the two that the fakers would focus on the most to get as close to the real thing as possible, every other signature they did not put that much effort into as they would not typically be displayed anyways.

That Killebrew is awful for a guy that takes his time with every signature to ensure that you can read every letter.
That McCovey, Jackson, Robinson, Aaron, etc, crap crap crap IMO.

Here is the 11 member ball that Steiner actually has on their site for sale, those look much better
http://www.steinersports.com/500-home-r ... al-members

Your ball looks like the fake one I have. Yup, when I was young and dumb, I bought one off of the HSN (15+ yrs ago), sent it off to PSA 5-ish years ago, came back fake. I hope for your sake that all of the players were just having an extremely bad day signing and it is real, but IMO its just not.

As always, JMO.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Those are nice bold sigs! Great ball! You have to get Bonds and McGwire on that thing!

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Musial Collector said:
Sorry but there is not one sig on that ball that screams real to me.
Mantle and Williams on the Sweet Spot is a typical dead give away, as those two are the ones that people want to see and those were the two that the fakers would focus on the most to get as close to the real thing as possible, every other signature they did not put that much effort into as they would not typically be displayed anyways.

That Killebrew is awful for a guy that takes his time with every signature to ensure that you can read every letter.
That McCovey, Jackson, Robinson, Aaron, etc, crap crap crap IMO.

Here is the 11 member ball that Steiner actually has on their site for sale, those look much better
http://www.steinersports.com/500-home-r ... al-members

Your ball looks like the fake one I have. Yup, when I was young and dumb, I bought one off of the HSN (15+ yrs ago), sent it off to PSA 5-ish years ago, came back fake. I hope for your sake that all of the players were just having an extremely bad day signing and it is real, but IMO its just not.

As always, JMO.
I was wondering when this was going to come up :D , If they are fake atleast he still has a real baseball :D

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
That ball is one of 1,000's of fake 500 HR Club items out there from the Bull Pen era.

Steiner label was most likely lifted from another item and reapplied to this one.

The obvious fake sig is Killebrew. Then it goes down from there.

You can pick these up by the DOZEN every month on CCSA.

If I were you, I would work on getting a refund. Start by doing a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion on the ended auction.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Thanks for the comments guys. I just checked out the Steiner COA to see, and everything seems on the up and up. I will take a scan of the COA and post it here, maybe something is off on the COA since chances are it wouldn't be a real COA as well?

I will contact the seller as well as a quick opinion to see what they say.

Thanks guys

Tom

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Johan Santana 57 said:
Also, is there any way to check the Steiner Cert #? I was looking on their site, but couldn't find a place for that.

Thanks
Tom

I would call them ASAP in the morning. If they are as reputable as they claim to be they should have it kept in their records.

Members online

Latest posts