Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who/what are you investing/prospecting in right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
soxrchamps07 said:
Get one. And do your own research.

2010BA.jpg

In all honesty you don't need one of these to know who will do well and who wont. I guess for some its the "Idiots guide to prospecting if you don't follow baseball". Ill share who I'm prospecting because my stash is big enough already. AJ *******.
Do your research and you should do fine.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
I was just using the handbook as an example. My point was that you should do your own research instead of mooching of of others. BA is a great source when researching a prospect, I'm not one of those guys who just bases their investments on BA and BA only but it would stuipd not to take in consideration their scouting reports on prospects.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
if I were prospecting (which I dont) I would pick up my guy Michael Saunders right now.. he is absolutely dying right now so his stuff cant be worth much, but I think he has great potential and is still 23. buy low sell high I guess you could say.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
******* and mier are the ones I am concentrating on the most but I pick up almost everyone's chrome auto as they are all cheap when the come out for the most part

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
soxrchamps07 said:
I was just using the handbook as an example. My point was that you should do your own research instead of mooching of of others. BA is a great source when researching a prospect, I'm not one of those guys who just bases their investments on BA and BA only but it would stuipd not to take in consideration their scouting reports on prospects.
I am just saying... I do my research no need to be a jerk about it. I was wondering what you guys thought of johnny and if you had any similar guys you were invested in...

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Any hope for this guy? Johnny Giavotella
Any other low buy in potential reward guys?

I'm going to say no on him. He's 5'8" and in the Royals farm system.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
soxrchamps07 said:

The classic example of the prospector that wanted to be a FCB badass for a second and then posted later on to justify and rationalize his rudeness.

Happens all the time.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
soxrchamps07 said:

Researching also involves asking other people what information/knowledge they have as well. If people want to take it THIS seriously and taking it as mooching, then it's time to take a step back and realize you're getting bent out of shape about baseball cards.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
This guy, this card.

picture.php

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Casey McGehee's stuff is still cheap, and he might make the All Star game.

I keep picking up Jon Lucroy stuff. Dude can swing a bat. Needs a bit more power though, since just hitting and getting on base is not good enough. You need POWER to be taken seriously...

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
I think that is true for most but there are exceptions. For those highly followed teams (Boston, New York, St. Louis, etc) you can still make a ton on cards. Example: Jacob Ellsbury

hive17 said:
Casey McGehee's stuff is still cheap, and he might make the All Star game.

I keep picking up Jon Lucroy stuff. Dude can swing a bat. Needs a bit more power though, since just hitting and getting on base is not good enough. You need POWER to be taken seriously...

Members online

Latest posts