Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Elite Blaster Boxes vs Regular Hobby boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So I stopped by my card shop the other day and he had some Elite Blaster boxes for sale.. He said that these were supposed to be originally sent to Walmart, but when they were putting them together, they ended up with two auto's or one auto and one game used per blaster box. There are also some "Hot" blaster boxes as well where every pack has an auto in them. Some distributors got wind of the hits in the blaster boxes and complained to Panini.. So Panini decided to not send them to Walmart and send them to their distributors instead.

I have opened several regular hobby boxes and thought I would try a few which ended up being 6 blaster boxes.. If I remember, there are 6 hits in a hobby box for $100 and there are hot boxes as well. The blaster boxes are $25 and you get 2 hits per box and a chance for 6.. So out of the 6 blaster boxes I opened I did get 1 hot box, and ended up with 16 hits for $150. The shop owner and I figured that the price per hit is better with the blaster boxes than with the hobby boxes..

So if you like Elite and your shop can get them, they are a fun rip..

The shop owner did say that one of the previous blaster boxes that another regular customer opened, had pulled a Pete Rose Jersey auto.. So there are some good cards still available..

Good luck,

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
ballerskrip said:
I have never seen them. They sound interesting.

I wonder if I can find them online anywhere.....

Any big hits in your boxes?

skrip

The 13 auto's were just the regular auto's, the 3 other hits were a Pete Rose GU, Kyle Russell and a Collegiate Patch (#40, Khris Davis auto) which I need to redeem..

fugazzi

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
A vendor at Frank and Sons had 6 cases of these blasters and he sold them all out at $20 a box. Some of bigger hits I saw were Wil Myers gold status auto /5, Pete Rose Throwback Threads auto/jersey, Ackley Red Status auto /50, Jacob Turner Aspirations auto /100 and quite a few others. I believe he will be getting some more in next week, hopefully he can still maintain the $20 price.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I opened nearly 2 cases of this stuff and couldn't stop, the hits in them were amazing. I was pulling cards that
I hadn't seen in almost 2 hobby cases I have opened. I pulled 4 of the private signings, two Jacob Turners, Ackely
and Wheeler. A dual with two 1st round pick on them and other rarer cards. I did notice that in my first case
there were almost no parallel autos or non auto parallels, the second case was amazing, I think I pulled like 3
red status autos, 4 blues and like I said a load of the rarer GU/autos. If you haven't seen those private
signing cards they are really nice. Unlike the cheap feel of the sweet spot autos, these are beautiful, feel
like real baseball and the autos are solid. I heard that another case pulled the Pujols auto. My theory is that
Panini had some cards left over and dumped them in these. There were two boxes that had all hits in them. I would
say 75% of the boxes had 2 autos and the rest one auto and one GU.

Kevin

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
schmidtfan20 said:
I opened nearly 2 cases of this stuff and couldn't stop, the hits in them were amazing. I was pulling cards that
I hadn't seen in almost 2 hobby cases I have opened. I pulled 4 of the private signings, two Jacob Turners, Ackely
and Wheeler. A dual with two 1st round pick on them and other rarer cards. I did notice that in my first case
there were almost no parallel autos or non auto parallels, the second case was amazing, I think I pulled like 3
red status autos, 4 blues and like I said a load of the rarer GU/autos. If you haven't seen those private
signing cards they are really nice. Unlike the cheap feel of the sweet spot autos, these are beautiful, feel
like real baseball and the autos are solid. I heard that another case pulled the Pujols auto. My theory is that
Panini had some cards left over and dumped them in these. There were two boxes that had all hits in them. I would
say 75% of the boxes had 2 autos and the rest one auto and one GU.

Kevin

Addicting aren't they.. especially for the price.. I have a few of the Private Signings and one of them is Mark Fidrych..

Members online

Latest posts