Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ten years of perfect feedback ruined....UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
Re: Ten years of perfect feedback ruined....

He never told me there was an issue. Never sent an email saying there was a problem or it didn't work. I'd have had no problem refunding it & letting it go.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado

If he waited until almost two months: perhaps you can get eBay to remove the negative? If PayPal has a limit of 45 days, maybe, too, eBay?

I understand it's an electronic thing, so...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

ideal0024 said:
He never told me there was an issue. Never sent an email saying there was a problem or it didn't work. I'd have had no problem refunding it & letting it go.

Yeah especially for a $2 item. That's really crummy that someone would drop a negative without even messaging the seller about a problem.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009

I really hope eBay does something for you. There should be required contact prior to posting a negative, period.
Also, the guy who paid real money for the Matt Bush auto you sold should have given himself a negative.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States

aaron41984 said:
I really hope eBay does something for you. There should be required contact prior to posting a negative, period.
Also, the guy who paid real money for the Matt Bush auto you sold should have given himself a negative.
:lol: :lol:

as for the OP, shouldnt your feedback percentage be 99.8% instead of 97.4? Or is just based on items you sell?

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009

as for the OP, shouldnt your feedback percentage be 99.8% instead of 97.4? Or is just based on items you sell?[/quote]

I think that 97.4 number was just last 12 months

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008

I can not speak for everyone, but this one negative that dropped your score to 97 would not make me hesitate from buying from you. The majority of the buyers know the feedback system is flawed

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land

Huffamaniac said:
I can not speak for everyone, but this one negative that dropped your score to 97 would not make me hesitate from buying from you. The majority of the buyers know the feedback system is flawed

I think you're giving 99% of eBayers too much credit. People like us, who use it daily to buy and sell our cards, get it, but the majority does not. People are stupid.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis

To add insult to injury, the buyer waited until the very last day he could possibly leave feedback which is day 60. What a turd.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009

At least if nothing gets done about it, it will drop off in 12 months.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

the system is flawed, if this guy never paid you wouldn't be allowed to leave a neg. Ebay only cares about
buyers, not sellers. They only make money when items are sold, they must protect buyers. I agree with
everyone else, this neg would not deter me from buying from you.

Are you allowed to leave a follow up to the feedback and explain yourself?

KEvin

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN

DaleMurphyCollector said:
Huffamaniac said:

I think you're giving 99% of eBayers too much credit. People like us, who use it daily to buy and sell our cards, get it, but the majority does not. People are stupid.

Yep, I know the smart buyers will look deeper & see it is a joke...but the smart buyers aren't paying $200+ for Cano auto's right now & those people will see 97.4% & be on to the next one.

I emailed the buyer & told him he should have said something & I'd be glad to refund it. I also offered to refund even now if he retracts it.

I also contacted ebay, but doubt anything will come of that.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

ideal0024 said:
Is there any thing I can do??

Leave a reasonable, clear follow-up.

I had a seller that refused to reply to emails or messages through eBay for several weeks. I hadn't received the card, and it was one I desperately wanted. So I requested his contact info and left a couple vm's, again no reply. I finally reached his girlfriend (her # on the account) and she said he'd call me right back. After a couple days of no word, I decided to call them at 3:00 AM to discuss. Sure enough, she answered in a confused panic and I had the card in 2 days.

Maybe it's worth a late-night call?

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
I made contact with the buyer & his thinking was I would make him pay for return shipping back & it wasn't worth that, so he just dropped a neg.

I refunded his bid + what he paid for shipping & told him to throw out the item since it didn't work & he retracted the negative & my 100% is back.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

wow...how much did you pay for the card?

VizquelCollector said:
ideal0024 said:
Is there any thing I can do??
After a couple days of no word, I decided to call them at 3:00 AM to discuss. Sure enough, she answered in a confused panic and I had the card in 2 days.

Maybe it's worth a late-night call?

Latest posts