Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STEPHEN STRASBURG OFFICIALLY PROMOTED TO AAA SYRACUSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Strasburg to make AAA debut Friday

Stephen Strasburg is one step closer to the majors.

The Washington Nationals promoted the 2009 No. 1 overall pick to Triple-A on Wednesday. He will make his debut for the Syracuse Chiefs on Friday against the Gwinnett Braves.

Strasburg dominated Double-A competition going 3-1 with a 1.64 ERA in five starts for the Harrisburg Senators.

He struck out 27 batters and walked just six in 22 innings.

Strasburg was called up despite having the roughest outing of his young career on Sunday. He gave up six hits and four runs, three of them earned, in 4 2/3 innings against Altoona. He struck out four, walked three and hit a batter while throwing 49 of 79 pitches for strikes.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ben Badler on his timetable -- "If Strasburg pitches as expected, he will likely make four or five starts with Syracuse before getting the call to the big leagues at some point in early June. Given what Jason Heyward has done in Atlanta, it would probably be hard for Strasburg to play catch-up to compete for the National League rookie of the year, but he should be the Nationals' best pitcher immediately upon arrival."

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
but he should be the Nationals' best pitcher immediately upon arrival."

That would be pretty obvious....
Ben is stating what everyone has known from day 1, that he'd be up early June.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
My good friend is calling the game for Syracuse in the 4th, 5th and 6th inning. I should see him if he pitches vs PawSox.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bosox3 said:
Jaypers said:
but he should be the Nationals' best pitcher immediately upon arrival."

That would be pretty obvious....
Ben is stating what everyone has known from day 1, that he'd be up early June.

It's been speculated he could very well be up to face the Pirates on the week of June 7th.

Ironically, that's the day they'll pick Harper.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I will be there friday night, buying tickets tonight either 1 or 4 if friends are going. I will have a new phone on friday and it will have the internet so I will be tweeting.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Hopefully there will be less traffic to Harrisburg since the 2 gems have been promoted.

But then again, never got to see him pitch for the Sens.

Best of luck to him in the future

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Just bought 4 tickets, HP are sold out but managed to get solid 205 seats. Traffic will be a nightmare which is why I am getting there at 6. I'm going thursday night as well to see if I can get Strasburg and Storen autos.

Members online