Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Derek Holland have it together this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
After an embarrassing 8-13, 6.12 ERA in his rookie year in Texas, he's been dominating AAA to the tune of:

33.2 IP, 29 K/6 BB, 0.53 ERA with 1 home run against.

Prices seem to have taken a little spike on Ebay. What's the general consensus?

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
I agree that they have spiked a little. I love when Derek does well, but I'd wish he'd fall in a slump just long enough for prices to drop so I can buy a few more things that I want!

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
21 decisions seems like alot to me, like maybe Nolan Ryan told them just leave him in and he'll figure something out?

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
coltsnsox07 said:
21 decisions seems like alot to me, like maybe Nolan Ryan told them just leave him in and he'll figure something out?

He would have a great start followed by a poor start followed by another good start and then two bad ones. He was a bit bipolar in his outings last season. He learned a lot from it. He had a 3 hit shutout with 8K and a game where he went 8 2/3 with 10K and gave up a run in the 9th to barely miss his first shutout prior to that.

He had some really tough starts at the end of the year. Without an injury to start this year, he probably wins a job in the rotation.

He deserves to be up right now. AAA is no challenge for him right now. The tough thing is that there are a lot of fringe arms on the Rangers that could be unpolished diamonds and its keeping Feliz at the end of the bullpen and Holland and Schleppers in the minors.

The Rangers complicated matters a bit by bringing in Harden. Scott Feldman, Tommy Hunter, Colby Lewis, CJ Wilson, Matt Harrison, etc.

Harrison and Feldman are having trouble. Harden looks like he's getting it together. Feliz is having trouble from an earned run perspective, but has closed 6 of 7 chances.

CJ Wilson has emerged early as a legit starter. He may wear down over the season, but he's red hot right now.

Long story short, there is no room at the inn. Feldman was too strong last year to dump on this early and Harrison is in a similar boat as Holland in being a pretty young guy with upside. They may swap those guys around if Holland continues to throw solid innings in AAA and Harrison goes off the rails.

Members online