Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

5 Boxes of 2009 Sweet Spot Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsjustcardboard

Nov 13, 2009
I bought 5 boxes of 2009 Sweet Spot Baseball from various sources including the 2009 Long Island National Card Show in Long Island, New York and a local card store in Brooklyn, New York. I absolutely love this product and have probably bought the equivalent of 10 boxes so far this year. I probably should have just bought a case when it first came out, but hindsight is 20/20. I think this set should be nominated for set of the year as it combines the autographs of the best rookies, superstar autographs and hall of fame autographs. There are 6 packs per hobby box, with at least 1 Sweet Spot auto, 1 rookie autograph and 4 relics cards per pack. There is also a Sweet Spot Patch Update card in every case, with an Immortal Auto (foreshadow?). Here is how I did:

Games Used:

Carlos Delgado x3
Curtis Granderson x2
Grady Sizemore x2
Rick Porcello
Clay Buchholz x3
Jason Bay
Carlos Lee
Jake Peavy
Howie Kendrick
Ian Kinsler
Justin Verlander/Jake Peavy x2
Cole Hamels/Tim Lincecum/Jose Reyes/Adam Jones

Pretty solid game used hits, but the autos are why you buy these boxes.

Autos:
Rookie Autos:
Bobby Parnell 83/699
Phil Coke 607/699
Kevin Jepsen 585/699
Kenshin Kawakami 212/350
Dexter Fowler Redemption

Sweet Spots:
Glen Perkins 46/199 (now I have 2 of these)
Matt Kemp 104/199
Carlos Lee (Black Bat Barrel Auto) 12/25
Joe Nathan (Black Bat Barrel Auto )11/50

And the 2 big hits (I got a second Sweet Spot in one of the boxes)

Bo Jackson Classic Wood Signatures 9/10 (awesome)

But it gets better

Enos Slaughter Immortal Signatures (Cut from a ball autograph) 11/16

Overall, I think I did pretty well on these boxes. I got them for around $100 a box, and the boxes have already moved up to around $130. Here are some scans:

http://itsjustcardboard.com/cards/baseb ... weet-spot/

Members online