Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 boxes of 2008 Bowman Draft..........Am I too late?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Stopped by the LCS today to pick up some 2008 Bowman Draft boxes at 65 each. The owner has been holding them for me because he is a great guy and he knew i would be in for them. I was looking for some Stanton or Montero autos but the owner told me of an even better auto that I had forgotten about..............

2006draft.jpg

The gold refractor auto was unexpected but very nice, then the Longoria blue was good. Chissenhall was a former Gamecock but I will overlook the past, then that Ike X is a card I had before and sold during the initial Ike hype. Finally, I there was this card..................

IMG_NEW-7.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I just pulled one of those last week. congrats! Would you mind sharing the serial number on the back?

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Thanks for all the kind responses, I plan on putting the Heyward, Davis, Longoria and maybe the Volstad on the Bay. I saw the last Heyward got 479 :D hopefully mine will do that well or better.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
matfanofold said:
WOW! Great cards!!

Too bad with the oc on the JH.. :(

All of the AFLAC Heyward autos are OC top to bottom. That's how they were given out at the AFLAC game.

Allen

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Bruin7 said:
matfanofold said:
WOW! Great cards!!

All of the AFLAC Heyward autos are OC top to bottom. That's how they were given out at the AFLAC game.

Allen

I was not implying anything other than it's a disapointment to me, to see such a beautiful card horribly oc'd like that. Reguardless if every other card is also horribly oc'd or not. Centering for me is #1 on the eye candy scale. But as I said earlier, awesome cards!

It is sad though that such a nice card pack pulled is doomed for THIS... :/

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
coltsnsox07 said:
Holy cow how did you only pay $65 per box, has he been holding them for 2 years?!

Yeah, told him not to hold them but he said since I was a loyal customer and spent a good bit of coin with him over the years that he would keep them for me. He still has 2 boxes left and I have yet to see a Montero, Posey, or Stanton come out of the case.

swanssy

Apr 1, 2010
matfanofold said:
Bruin7 said:
matfanofold said:
WOW! Great cards!!

Allen

I was not implying anything other than it's a disapointment to me, to see such a beautiful card horribly oc'd like that. Reguardless if every other card is also horribly oc'd or not. Centering for me is #1 on the eye candy scale. But as I said earlier, awesome cards!

Only if he wastes money getting it graded.....which would be silly when they are selling for $400 non graded.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
swanssy said:
matfanofold said:
Bruin7 said:
matfanofold said:
WOW! Great cards!!

Allen

Only if he wastes money getting it graded.....which would be silly when they are selling for $400 non graded.

Sold for 525 within 12 hours of posting it :D

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
matfanofold said:
WOW! Great cards!!

Has anyone *ever* seen that card with good centering?What a shame they screwed up so badly on seemingly every one of those flipping cards.At least the signature isn't jacked up like many of them are.

Members online