Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now that the hype is over.... (RAZOR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Now that the hype is over, they have been on the market a little while and everything is out in the open, whats the verdict? How is this stuff selling?? Anyone making money on this stuff? I see a lot of people trying to spam the boards with RAZOR cards and cant help notice the triStar'esque prices. Is this what everyone expected? I'm not really in the market for them so if anyone would like to add there take to whats the state of RAZOR collectables, I'm interested!

Thanks, Ron.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Well, the real money won't be made until at least next season. A bunch of these guys are going to get hot and there will be only one place for people to turn.

The fact that the autos are selling consitently well, is a very good sign. They are starting ti slowly dry up on the market and that also can be very good for returns.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
The big difference that I notice is the disappearance of Brian (as he was on here nearly everday) now that his product is out & he's sold what he's needed to sell, he no longer comes around; & I'm sure some will say that he was "chased off" but I'm not buying that....(I'm wondering when his reappearance will be for the upcoming product)...I hope he doesn't go the way of the other company's head honcho's & say forget you guy's, now that he's gained some hobby recognition (or even worse, if he rent's out some of the "exclusive's" to the competitor's) :?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
These cases will be double what they presold at by the end of this season (09). I bought 0 cases. I will put 100 usd on it if anyone is interested in making that wager.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Well, the real money won't be made until at least next season. A bunch of these guys are going to get hot and there will be only one place for people to turn.

The fact that the autos are selling consitently well, is a very good sign. They are starting ti slowly dry up on the market and that also can be very good for returns.

So, assuming next season money will be made and that they are drying up, there is promis yet?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
HoustonTeams4Me said:
The big difference that I notice is the disappearance of Brian (as he was on here nearly everday) now that his product is out & he's sold what he's needed to sell, he no longer comes around; & I'm sure some will say that he was "chased off" but I'm not buying that....(I'm wondering when his reappearance will be for the upcoming product)...I hope he doesn't go the way of the other company's head honcho's & say forget you guy's, now that he's gained some hobby recognition (or even worse, if he rent's out some of the "exclusive's" to the competitor's) :?

I am sure I will be looked at by the haters as a "razor biased mod", but you do realize it is a the holiday season, right?

The man does have a family and has been working a TON until now. Maybe he is entitled some time away from his company and the FCB, to be with his family.

I can assure you, that is why he is not around right now. This is no conspiracy theory or hype & dash deal.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:

It's kind of hard not to agree somewhat with what you have said. Allthough there will be many a reason as to why what you have said is invalid. Yet the fact remains he disappeared right after release. We all have lives, families and work, ect.. But we are here!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
justinmandawg said:
These cases will be double what they presold at by the end of this season (09). I bought 0 cases. I will put 100 usd on it if anyone is interested in making that wager.

Thanks for your opinion!

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
matfanofold said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

So, assuming next season money will be made and that they are drying up, there is promise yet?

In my opinion, the promise of this set is sky high.

This all reminds me of 2004 SP Prospects all over again. People bought the product and pulled auto they didn't know about and/or didn't sell for alot. They ******* and moaned, but come the next season and beyond, they made some SERIOUS profit.

Yes, the naysayers will say that SP Prospects came from a company with a reputation, but that's not the point. The point is, these cards are limited and exclusive, making them future cash cows on the market.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
justinmandawg said:

Buy a box sit on it and double your money.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Does everyone agree this is a time to buy while they are still cheap and unknown? Or are there doubters out there thinking it just may drift out of sight and mind??

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
At first, it seemed like Razor was just another Tristar, but after seeing some of the breaks these cards are actually selling pretty well. I think that if Razor does not overload their products with the same guys, they will make it. I have bought 2 Posey Razor Autos now and I am happy with them. I just buy singles of Razor as I have not done any packs, but for prospecting purposes, this is a good set. I have to tip my hat to you Brian! Don't overload and you will be good!

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:

1. It is the holidays
2. He has posted
3. He's developing products and running a company
4. People leaping to conclusions drove him nuts.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
matfanofold said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

So, assuming next season money will be made and that they are drying up, there is promise yet?

In my opinion, the promise of this set is sky high.

This all reminds me of 2004 SP Prospects all over again. People bought the product and pulled auto they didn't know about and/or didn't sell for alot. They ******* and moaned, but come the next season and beyond, they made some SERIOUS profit.

Yes, the naysayers will say that SP Prospects came from a company with a reputation, but that's not the point. The point is, these cards are limited and exclusive, making them future cash cows on the market.

I like your optimisim!

I just heard so much about this product, I'm interested to hear first hand as to the state of RAZOR on the secondary market from thoes invested. As well as opinions from anyone who has one.

Definitly have to applaud Brian for delivering on a promis though!

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
nyc3 said:
justinmandawg said:

I'm looking for 10 cases much less a box.

Your talking out your ass

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

I am sure I will be looked at by the haters as a "razor biased mod", but you do realize it is a the holiday season, right?

The man does have a family and has been working a TON until now. Maybe he is entitled some time away from his company and the FCB, to be with his family.

I can assure you, that is why he is not around right now. This is no conspiracy theory or hype & dash deal.

You are a great moderator & personally one of my favorite member's on the board (very interesting post's from the BMB to here), but most everyone does realize that your allegiance does lie with Razor as far as our hobby goes (as you compliment Razor in every thread discussing this subject & have been down on Topps/Bowman in many recent thread's) so I would not expect anything less as far as your response to my post. I'm not trying to be an arse, I'm just stating my observation's as you have. :D

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
justinmandawg said:
nyc3 said:
justinmandawg said:

I'm looking for 10 cases much less a box.

Your talking out your ass

Stop trolling arod, now.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
HoustonTeams4Me said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

You are a great moderator & personally one of my favorite member's on the board (very interesting post's from the BMB to here), but most everyone does realize that your allegiance does lie with Razor as far as our hobby goes (as you compliment Razor in every thread discussing this subject & have been down on Topps/Bowman in many recent thread's) so I would not expect anything less as far as your response to my post. I'm not trying to be an arse, I'm just stating my observation's as you have. :D

Eh, don't take it to heart. I just feel like a disclaimer for all the bashers is needed on the whole Razor subject sometimes.

Brian will be back after the new year, I am sure. I can't even fathom working 24/7 and the toll it takes on personal life & family.

Members online