Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1984 (Rare) Jays set.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flamesbabe

Mar 22, 2010
Hiya Guys,
My dad recently came by with the handful of these (view image)
Wondering if anyone would have any info on them at all.
I took a look on eBay didn't find anything.
fernandez.jpg

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I'm almost certain that those were the first Toronto Fire Department issue. The Jays did them for a number of years. There would be a clip-out coupon in the various Toronto daily newspapers and you could bring one to any Toronto area fire station to redeem for a set. The back had stats and fire safety tips.

They're pretty plentiful, actually but a really cool team item. I somehow have uncut sets in a frame. No idea where they came from.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Flamesbabe said:
So, are they garbage...?

Well, you're certainly not going to retire off them. You may be able to get $3-$5 a set at a show or something. But in terms of a cool regional set, they're far from garbage.

Flamesbabe

Mar 22, 2010
Alright, just need some kind of direction since I'm not into baseball at all lol
Thanks for your help!

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Wow those bring back memories.
Mid 80's was a great time.
Exhibition stadium.
Moseby, Bell, and my fav growing up, Barfield.
Fernandez and Alfredo Griffin at SS.
Damaso Garcia at 2B.
1B would have been Willie Upshaw until 1988 McGriff came onto the scene.
Ernie White and Buck Martinez at catcher.
And probably Rance Mullinicks and Garth Iorg platooning 3B until Gruber became a regular.
Our DH was Cliff Johnson.

I remember sitting in the left field bleachers and when George Bell started copping his attitude, everyone used to yell "sell Bell, sell Bell".

Funny that there were never any CF or RF bleachers the way the built Ex. Stadium.

Latest posts