Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Travis Denker Haul from last nights game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
Seems like a waste to get 1/1's signed.

I find that post much more of a waste than the signing. You collect Ryan Garko...enough said.

Great stuff as always and congrats on getting the great cards signed!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Bigfan5 said:
GarkoCollector said:

I find that post much more of a waste than the signing.

In that statement, you're still agreeing its a waste.

Seems like it makes more sense to keep a valuable card as is like the plates and have base/low end cards signed. I guess if you're happy with it, thats all that matters.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Is this guy getting to the point where he sees you and starts to walk the other way yet?
No he actually is pretty amazed that I have so much of his stuff. He remembered me from spring training and chatted for a bit hes a nice guy.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I am not familiar with his auto, but it is kind of ugly. Has it always been this way or is he just getting lazy with his autos these days?

Either way, congrats!

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
I am not familiar with his auto, but it is kind of ugly. Has it always been this way or is he just getting lazy with his autos these days?

Either way, congrats!
It was always pretty average but since he signed 10000 cards for topps it kind of got worse.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
Bigfan5 said:
GarkoCollector said:

I find that post much more of a waste than the signing.

In that statement, you're still agreeing its a waste.

Seems like it makes more sense to keep a valuable card as is like the plates and have base/low end cards signed. I guess if you're happy with it, thats all that matters.

But plates aren't that valuable really. Plates look absolutely sick signed, and if it's PC, shouldn't it matter what you like, not just what is more valuable?

I have this one. One of my favorite cards. http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn27 ... YPrint.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
While I'm not a fan of plates, I love when they are signed. Congrats and good luck finding that last one.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Superfractor said:
Now, if you can only get those authenticated? They would be superb.

Why would it be superb? I take it you are a big fan of slabs?

Because other than being a really big fan of slabs there is absolutely no reason for him to get these cards "authenticated".

I think they look nice as well. Hell, back in the day there used to be people that said getting any card signed ruined the cards looks and values. 20 years later its all the rage.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I know they look good and if it's just for your PC then you have nothing to lose, but if you think of things in terms of resale then getting a 1/1 signed really isnt necessarily a good idea.

Chances are if you're going through the trouble of meeting someone just to get their auto on some cards youre going to want to keep them, so it may be a moot point, but the poster who questioned the logic of getting a 1/1 signed was spot on.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
Nicely done. I am a fan of IP Au. plates. Now, if you can only get those authenticated? They would be superb.
Agreed, I love the looks of the Blue slabs.

Members online

Latest posts