Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1973 Topps Signed set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 13, 2008
A year ago for my birthday - which was yesterday - my wife gave me a partial set of 1973 Topps cards. This was the set of cards I first had collected as a kid. I actually got packs of these from my dad when I was a little boy. I have 606 of the 660 total cards in the set. However, last year I decided to start a TTM collection of the set. Since then I've sent out a lot of these cards for TTM autographs and have had some surprising returns. I got Pete Rose signing for free as well as Lou Pinella when he signed for a very short amount of time. I've also paid for a few signings and purchased some on Ebay as well. Mostly deceased players, but also a couple of players that sign TTM, but I didn't have their unsigned cards and was able to get the signed version for a few dollars.

The milestone was that I got autograph 200 and 201 of the set. I am counting the autographs available in the set versus cards. That way I can account for the multisigned cards and ignore the checklist/team cards.

My goal for this next year is to get 50% of the set completed. Not too shabby for the first year however.

Here is a link to the cards I have in the set so far. I hope you enjoy them.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: 1973 Topps Signed set update - Milestone

If you change your mind on the manager and team cards, might I suggest sending them to the managers and having them be the only signature.

Great stuff so far. Projects like these are awesome, considering they can take many years and every card is very very important.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Re: 1973 Topps Signed set update - Milestone

I have 11 auto'd 73's you're missing. LMK if interested.

Latest posts