Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An eBay Conundrum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
So I lost out on the Letterman 1/1 (did not really want it), but I noticed that the seller had it as a BIN/BO, as well.

Alright, the auction ends, and I see that the seller took a BO on the initial listing of 22USD.
Both listings in the Complete Listings show that they were both paid for (green highlight).

So:

-These are the same card, correct? (just one 'C' in "Blackmon")
-Is the seller screwing someone?
-What happened here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Razor-Letterma ... _500wt_975

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Razor-Letterma ... _500wt_975

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I don't think green means paid for, it just means it ended with a bid. Maybe the original guy that offered 22 never paid and it was relisted again, this time as an auction.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
i dont think the seller is necessarily deliberately trying to screw someone... if anything he's putting himself in an awkward position.

ive won a duplicate auction before when the seller turned around and apologized for listing the item twice. i kind of suspected this going in so i didnt hold it against him, meanwhile he had to pay ebay fees for it.

on the flipside, the auction that ended for more is getting the card, regardless of chronological order... just like bidders who email sellers after their items have ended offering to pay more.

-----

but also, yes, it could be a ripoff from the get go. doesnt seem worth tarnishing decent feedback over a $15-20 card.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I noticed a Jason Bay listing that was listed twice, "I'm assuming". The 1st one had a pic, but the second one didn't. Haven't figured out why yet, but until I do, I won't touch either listing.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Don't know why, but he has this in both descriptions:

"Though not printed on cards, all un-numbered are said to be a print run of 50"

Why would you put that in the descriptions if the actual card is a 1/1?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
I don't think green means paid for, it just means it ended with a bid. Maybe the original guy that offered 22 never paid and it was relisted again, this time as an auction.

I see, I did not know that.

The thing is, both were running at the same time. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm which ended first.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
DWright5 said:
Don't know why, but he has this in both descriptions:

"Though not printed on cards, all un-numbered are said to be a print run of 50"

Why would you put that in the descriptions if the actual card is a 1/1?

I read that as well. The only thing I can assume is that he "copypasta" his listing description?

I'm leaning more towards the seller just put himself in an awkward situation.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
But if you were going to end the auction style one, you'd have to retract all the bids, correct? And it wouldn't show the bids and final sale price if I'm remembering correctly.

Members online