Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best RC autos of players who don't have a chrome rc auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It is simply incredible how the bowman chrome autographed rookie card has consumed the card market. These are the only rookie cards that some collectors will own.

My question today is: What are the best rookie/first year autographed cards of players who don't have a bowman chrome autograph as their first year/rookie card?

This question was tougher than I thought to answer, in fact, you may need to refer to a price guide to come up with your list. I think there will probably be a general consensus amongst the top 5, then 5-10 gets kind of sticky.

Let me hear your thoughts about the top 10, and remember, that player cannot have a bowman chrome autograph that was released the same year as their best rookie/first year card!

Here would be some examples:

ultimate ichiro auto/250
miguel cabrera topps traded auto
Ryan howard bowman's best auto
prince fielder ultimate collection auto
bowman heritage robinson cano

let me know what else you guys can come up with!

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Re: What are the top 10 non-chrome auto rookies since 2001?

1. 2001 Bowman Chrome Ichiro
2. 2003 Bowman Chrome Ryan Howard

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

bradical said:

I meant best autographed rookie cards of the above players, so Yes you are on the right track, the Ichiro ultimate collection auto/250, and the Ryan Howard Bowman's best autograph would certainly be in the top 10, and they are for sure in my top 5.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

brouthercard said:
bradical said:

I meant best autographed rookie cards of the above players, so Yes you are on the right track, the Ichiro ultimate collection auto/250, and the Ryan Howard Bowman's best autograph would certainly be in the top 10, and they are for sure in my top 5.

Oh, my bad, I thought you were looking for the best Chrome non-auto cards from Bowman Chrome.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

I would modify the question to read "best RC Auto of players who do not have Bowman Chrome Auto's". I think it gets more interesting that way. Off the top of my head...

01 SPx Ichiro Suzuki
02 Bowman's Best Francisco Liriano Auto
03 Bowman's Best Ryan Howard
03 Bowman's Best Chien-Ming ****

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

sportscardtheory said:
2007 UD Black Tim Lincecum auto outsells his 2007 Bowman Chrome auto every time.

I would hope so. One is numbered to /99 and the other has like 10000 copies.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

JEA2880 said:
I would modify the question to read "best RC Auto of players who do not have Bowman Chrome Auto's". I think it gets more interesting that way. Off the top of my head...

01 SPx Ichiro Suzuki
02 Bowman's Best Francisco Liriano Auto
03 Bowman's Best Ryan Howard
03 Bowman's Best Chien-Ming ****

Thanks! I couldn't find the best way to word this question, and I worded it the way I did cause I didn't want to exclude the prince fielder ultimate collection card, even though he has a bowman chrome auto the year after.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The Cabrera and Cano autos you mentioned really arent "rookie cards" unless you are counting "rookie card inserts"

Yes, i realize they sell for a bunch, but still

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
The Cabrera and Cano autos you mentioned really arent "rookie cards" unless you are counting "rookie card inserts"

I understand the technicalities, so that's why I put rookie/first year auto to cover for this. Thanks though!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
brouthercard said:
ThoseBackPages said:

I understand the technicalities, so that's why I put rookie/first year auto to cover for this. Thanks though!

Thats cool. I'll stick with my Tex addition.

Moxy is nailing them!

Some more that come to mind....

C Gonzalez
McCutchen
mark reynolds
Matt Wieters
Morneau
Utley
Maybin
Stubbs

Members online