Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any bad/questionable Certified autos pack pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Where they are questioned to be signed by someone else/ auto pen ect?

Isn't their a couple questionable 1997 Donruss Signatures. Colby Rasmus 05 Sterling I think it is, where Topps stickers are questionable.

I know in football has few well know ones from Proline. Where auto pen was used.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Anyone remember who Donruss Signature was of? Pretty sure Beckett even did a story on it. The autos were very very different. I think the speculation was some were signed by the guys wife.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
55_marlins_sp said:
Wasn't there a '09 TTT Pujols that seemed off ?

The person who "discovered" this is what you call know-it-alls that don't know much.

The card had stickers that Pujols signed eary on in his career, that Topps used on these cards.

Rolls_Eyes-1.gif
(I think we need this "RollsEyes" icon)

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Johnny Cueto autos:

!BsRbgyQCWk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEvNsEoVIIBL3TnKfDO!~~_12.jpg
!BsLkC(gEGk~$(KGrHqUH-CkEvEs)9l,BBL25fBLUHQ~~_12.jpg
!Bpfcz5wBGk~$(KGrHqUH-CEEumu4CURoBLrn2Rpbk!~~_12.jpg

VS:

!BehQiDg!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKiwEry5Q,uzbBK9qt2qgCw~~_12.jpg
!BqtGrhQBmk~$(KGrHqYH-E!Ev!nEIhm9BLwiyllcbQ~~_12.jpg

Now I know people are going to say "he probably just changed his signature, it happens a lot". Well if that is the case then try explaining this:

!BpHq4lg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKisEuZLMURsgBLqBlgine!~~_12.jpg
!BhvL!SwBWk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEsNOPmmBOBLKlu-ZqLw~~_12.jpg

Did he switch his signature in the middle of a signing session? Also the 2 signatures are not even close so even if he did sign the cards in 2 sessions that would be a drastic change. I don't know what the deal is with the 2 autos but it makes you wonder.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
And these JJ's of mine have always puzzled me:

Normal JJ auto:

DSC00808.jpg

Questionable JJ auto:

2006UpperDeckSignatureSensationsAut.jpg

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I once pulled a Lars Anderson Bowman Chrome Certified Auto that had the stamp and everything... except the auto was missing. Topps sent me a replacement that was centered worse than any card I have ever pulled. Thanks Topps! When I pulled the card I sold another one for $99.99. By the time I had my replacement they were selling for about $35 ::facepalm::

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Cueto one is odd. I know when I got him in person he signed like the top 3 versions. I wonder if anyone has seen him sign in person those other versions. Where it's printed

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I've seen posts about Tony Gwynn Sr cards with his son's stickers on them.

Same with Frank Thomas (recent White Sox) having Frank Thomas (60s retired Pirates) stickers on them.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
interesting topic. Id like to see more examples if they are out there.

Going back to the proline Football autos wasn't Jim Kelly an autopen as well?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
Johnny Cueto autos:

!BsRbgyQCWk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEvNsEoVIIBL3TnKfDO!~~_12.jpg
!BsLkC(gEGk~$(KGrHqUH-CkEvEs)9l,BBL25fBLUHQ~~_12.jpg
!Bpfcz5wBGk~$(KGrHqUH-CEEumu4CURoBLrn2Rpbk!~~_12.jpg

VS:

!BehQiDg!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKiwEry5Q,uzbBK9qt2qgCw~~_12.jpg
!BqtGrhQBmk~$(KGrHqYH-E!Ev!nEIhm9BLwiyllcbQ~~_12.jpg

Now I know people are going to say "he probably just changed his signature, it happens a lot". Well if that is the case then try explaining this:

!BpHq4lg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKisEuZLMURsgBLqBlgine!~~_12.jpg
!BhvL!SwBWk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEsNOPmmBOBLKlu-ZqLw~~_12.jpg

Did he switch his signature in the middle of a signing session? Also the 2 signatures are not even close so even if he did sign the cards in 2 sessions that would be a drastic change. I don't know what the deal is with the 2 autos but it makes you wonder.

Cueto does indeed have several versions of his signature. All of those pictured are real.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Cueto one is odd. I know when I got him in person he signed like the top 3 versions. I wonder if anyone has seen him sign in person those other versions. Where it's printed
Check his Bowman Chrome cards. Almost certain the facsimile is signed out in print. JOHNNY CUETO like that.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
trademhigh said:
matchpenalty said:
Check his Bowman Chrome cards. Almost certain the facsimile is signed out in print. JOHNNY CUETO like that.

When Topps doesn't have a facsimile/copy of his contract available, they use random MS Word fonts. Some are pretty comical.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Boomer Esiason also had a autopen in Proline, I was lucky enough to pull one. I broke their balls over it for a good 2 years after pulling it. Called the NFL over it and they really didnt care much. But being stamped 100% authentic and such and having the NFL logo on the stamp didnt matter to them also. I finally did get something for it in the end, A few packs of proline and they contained crap.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
trademhigh said:
matchpenalty said:

Yeah here is what his Bowman facsimile signature looks like:

CuetoRed.jpg

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I have always wondered about Kentwan Balmer's (football player) autographs as well:

!Bb9Gej!!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjoEq4F8pn97BKyWCSGm+!~~_12.jpg
!BnJc2mQBGk~$(KGrHqQH-CwEtrN4QK5UBLi(ZdTmkw~~_12.jpg

VS

ebbd_12.jpg
!BsnFLjQBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DoEvF9Qgj(IBL4k(IYbH!~~_12.jpg

I am pretty sure the bottom 2 autos were signed my a girl friend or something.

Members online

Latest posts