Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here's a gif of the Daley cheap shot if you missed it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
while i don't condone it, i can completely understand why he did that. that BS Kos pulled with acting like he was so jacked up from an illegal knee that completely missed him was BS. It allowed him to get out of really the only trouble he was in at any point in that fight. It was funny cause Kos was getting checked out by the doctors and i was waiting for him to say he couldn't go on.....then they showed the reply and everyone saw it. He magically changed and said it missed him and he was fine....just secs after having a Doc checking his pupils and everything. Both of these guys are jokes.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
peaceandlove said:
while i don't condone it, i can completely understand why he did that. that BS Kos pulled with acting like he was so jacked up from an illegal knee that completely missed him was BS. It allowed him to get out of really the only trouble he was in at any point in that fight. It was funny cause Kos was getting checked out by the doctors and i was waiting for him to say he couldn't go on.....then they showed the reply and everyone saw it. He magically changed and said it missed him and he was fine....just secs after having a Doc checking his pupils and everything. Both of these guys are jokes.

....yeah I totally understand. It's perfectly alright to try to maim a person because they basically 'flopped.' Nobody ever feigns being hurt in any sport when they actually aren't. The nerve!

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Jastermereel said:
peaceandlove said:

....yeah I totally understand. It's perfectly alright to try to maim a person because they basically 'flopped.' Nobody ever feigns being hurt in any sport when they actually aren't. The nerve!

That is the second worst argument I have heard on this. You can understand why he did it Peace? Regardless of whether or not Kos flopped...these are professional athletes. Bottom line Daley talked a bunch of crap before the fight, got dominated, and oh yeah Kos said a few things during the fight to Semtax that he would not repeat during interviews post-fight. You don't punch a guy after the bell...PERIOD!!! Well I guess you can, but you are going to get cut.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
seanho2309 said:
Jastermereel said:
peaceandlove said:

That is the second worst argument I have heard on this. You can understand why he did it Peace? Regardless of whether or not Kos flopped...these are professional athletes. Bottom line Daley talked a bunch of crap before the fight, got dominated, and oh yeah Kos said a few things during the fight to Semtax that he would not repeat during interviews post-fight. You don't punch a guy after the bell...PERIOD!!! Well I guess you can, but you are going to get cut.

Kos called into 98kupd on Friday and said there is legit heat between him and Daley.

He didnt get too deep into why, but he pretty much said he wanted to beat the British off his ugly ass

I used to think Kos was a dbag too but ive heard interviews with him and he isnt too bad...I think alot of people just have that perception of him from TUF and havent followed up on him much

Jaster is completely right. Athletes flop all the time...whether it be basketball on charge calls, baseball players getting "hit" by the pitch, soccer players getting "kicked", etc, etc.

This is no different.

Daley will be lucky to get picked up by Strikeforce, or to be given a license to fight

Besides, it shows just how good Kos is at getting into people's heads.

Why not feign the injury if youre Kos? You have nothing to lose really and it pisses off Daley enough to make him throw a cheap shot later on. It was a pretty good strategy really.

Oh and dont think that Kos is the only fighter to ever feign that he got hit and really didnt, so crucifying him for that is wrong.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
HPC said:
seanho2309 said:
Jastermereel said:
peaceandlove said:

Kos called into 98kupd on Friday and said there is legit heat between him and Daley.

He didnt get too deep into why, but he pretty much said he wanted to beat the British off his ugly ass

I used to think Kos was a dbag too but ive heard interviews with him and he isnt too bad...I think alot of people just have that perception of him from TUF and havent followed up on him much

Jaster is completely right. Athletes flop all the time...whether it be basketball on charge calls, baseball players getting "hit" by the pitch, soccer players getting "kicked", etc, etc.

This is no different.

Daley will be lucky to get picked up by Strikeforce, or to be given a license to fight

Besides, it shows just how good Kos is at getting into people's heads.

Why not feign the injury if youre Kos? You have nothing to lose really and it pisses off Daley enough to make him throw a cheap shot later on. It was a pretty good strategy really.

Oh and dont think that Kos is the only fighter to ever feign that he got hit and really didnt, so crucifying him for that is wrong.

I couldn't have said it better myself....actually I had the chance and didn't come through. :D I am a huge Koscheck supporter. He was one the coolest fighters that I have ever met. In fact, all the AKA guys are pretty much the same in that regard.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Have you guys seen the Koscheck Youtube video where some guy was talking trash to Josh online so Josh invited him down to the gym to back up his smack? lol classic

I can't seem to dig it up right now unfortunately.

That, and BJ Penn fighting in a Judo tournament as a white belt, are my favorites.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You guys blow my ******* mind on this one.

Not okay to crucify Koscheck over flopping in this fight????

Really?

Did you see his last fight?

HE DID THE SAME THING?

He's done this exact same thing in this exact same situation two fights in a row! TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW!!

How any of his teammates can look at him with a straight face after trying to pull this same stunt two fights in a row is beyond me.

I can't believe people are giving him a free pass in this instance. It'd be different if this was the first time, but it isn't, it has happened twice now.

It's becoming a trend with Koscheck.

If I were Daley the next time I had him down like that I would have made sure to connect the knee to the face as hard as I could. Sure, I'd get DQ's, but I think it'd be worth it to teach Kos a lesson that you can't be flopping fight after fight trying to take the easy way out and earn an easy victory for your record that way.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think people are just concentrating too hard on the bitch move that Daley made after the fight and ignoring the bitch move that Kos made during the fight.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sam youre also ignoring the fact that nearly every sport has people who do this.

Fernando Vina used to purposely lean into balls to get hit, Bruce Bowen used to purposely flop...etc, etc, etc

Flopping isnt illegal in MMA and unless it is, so what?

You're telling me Daley didnt benefit fromthe extra time the match was stopped?

It gave them both time to rest and gain their breath, and the match was restarte

...what's the big deal?

It's up to the referee to decide whether the fighter is flopping or really hurt.

It's a strategy and it worked for him...if the referee/UFC thinks he's doing it purposely, something will be done...but I havent read anywhere that Dana or anyone plans to punish him.

Does it make for questionable fighting tactics, yes, but this is a contest for money, and the smarter opponent wins...questionable tactics or not

That opponent was Koscheck

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
i think you guys are also playing this "professional" fighter crap a little too much. Just because he's a professional doesn't mean he can't get caught up in the moment and make a boneheaded error in judgement. you act like because he's a "professional" fighter that he can't make a mistake. guys charge the mound for getting thrown at, guys take out QB's knees, and NBA guys "maim" (since someone felt a cheap shot was maiming someone) guys driving down the lane all the time. like i said earlier, i don't condone it but if you're in a match where so much is riding on winning and you see someone try to cheat you out of it, you're going to react. plus Kos was talking junk in his ear during the fight. who knows what the hell was said there. it's amazing how people on here were just talking about how great the sport was when there was locker room brawls but act like this is worse than the strikeforce brawl.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
peaceandlove said:
i think you guys are also playing this "professional" fighter crap a little too much. Just because he's a professional doesn't mean he can't get caught up in the moment and make a boneheaded error in judgement. you act like because he's a "professional" fighter that he can't make a mistake. guys charge the mound for getting thrown at, guys take out QB's knees, and NBA guys "maim" (since someone felt a cheap shot was maiming someone) guys driving down the lane all the time. like i said earlier, i don't condone it but if you're in a match where so much is riding on winning and you see someone try to cheat you out of it, you're going to react. plus Kos was talking junk in his ear during the fight. who knows what the hell was said there. it's amazing how people on here were just talking about how great the sport was when there was locker room brawls but act like this is worse than the strikeforce brawl. also, sorry for providing the 2nd worst argument you've ever heard. maybe next time i'll try to form an opinion like yours so i don't waste your time.

The problem was he wasn't just caught up in the moment. He knew the fight was over the ref pulled Kos off him and he walked all the around the ref came up behind Kos and sucker punched him with a left hook. His left hooks are devastating. You can't really compare this to instances in other sports. The only thing I equate this to in another sport is a pitcher intentionally throwing at a batter's head. Daly could have easily done serious damage to Kos has he landed that cheap shot. It's a little different than a hard NBA foul or a low hit by a football player.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
peaceandlove said:
i think you guys are also playing this "professional" fighter crap a little too much. Just because he's a professional doesn't mean he can't get caught up in the moment and make a boneheaded error in judgement. you act like because he's a "professional" fighter that he can't make a mistake. guys charge the mound for getting thrown at, guys take out QB's knees, and NBA guys "maim" (since someone felt a cheap shot was maiming someone) guys driving down the lane all the time. like i said earlier, i don't condone it but if you're in a match where so much is riding on winning and you see someone try to cheat you out of it, you're going to react. plus Kos was talking junk in his ear during the fight. who knows what the hell was said there. it's amazing how people on here were just talking about how great the sport was when there was locker room brawls but act like this is worse than the strikeforce brawl. also, sorry for providing the 2nd worst argument you've ever heard. maybe next time i'll try to form an opinion like yours so i don't waste your time.

The problem was he wasn't just caught up in the moment. He knew the fight was over the ref pulled Kos off him and he walked all the around the ref came up behind Kos and sucker punched him with a left hook. His left hooks are devastating. You can't really compare this to instances in other sports. The only thing I equate this to in another sport is a pitcher intentionally throwing at a batter's head. Daly could have easily done serious damage to Kos has he landed that cheap shot. It's a little different than a hard NBA foul or a low hit by a football player.

while i can see what you're saying here, i think that a sucker punch from him wouldn't end Kos's career while i think many people lose careers over low hits. i also have seen guys get clobbered and have their head hit the court which i think from the heights of some of them would have been harder than Daley's punch. as for the caught in the moment part, i'm just basically saying he let his emotions get the best of him. he knew the fight was over, even though he tried to claim to Dana that he didn't, but he was so pissed and frustrated that he wanted get a cheap shot in. Completely stupid either way. Don't have an issue with the punishment that was given either. On a completely different point... I do, however, think that Dana should show some consistency on punishing guys in a way though. While he fired Sobral and Daley for their actions in a UFC cage, he failed to do anything to Diaz for doing that riot beatdown in a Strikeforce cage. While i usually agree with most of Dana's actions, i think for someone that cares about the overall image of the sport....he would drop the hammer on Nate Diaz as well. I still feel that was far worse than the Daley punch. You're talking about one punch (hard punch though) compared to 3 men beating the hell out of another after a fight that they weren't even involved in. I guess you could make the case if Shields would have done it but for 3 fighters that were just there for support....it was worse to me.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
peaceandlove said:
kdailey4315 said:
peaceandlove said:

while i can see what you're saying here, i think that a sucker punch from him wouldn't end Kos's career while i think many people lose careers over low hits. i also have seen guys get clobbered and have their head hit the court which i think from the heights of some of them would have been harder than Daley's punch. as for the caught in the moment part, i'm just basically saying he let his emotions get the best of him. he knew the fight was over, even though he tried to claim to Dana that he didn't, but he was so pissed and frustrated that he wanted get a cheap shot in. Completely stupid either way. Don't have an issue with the punishment that was given either. On a completely different point... I do, however, think that Dana should show some consistency on punishing guys in a way though. While he fired Sobral and Daley for their actions in a UFC cage, he failed to do anything to Diaz for doing that riot beatdown in a Strikeforce cage. While i usually agree with most of Dana's actions, i think for someone that cares about the overall image of the sport....he would drop the hammer on Nate Diaz as well. I still feel that was far worse than the Daley punch. You're talking about one punch (hard punch though) compared to 3 men beating the hell out of another after a fight that they weren't even involved in. I guess you could make the case if Shields would have done it but for 3 fighters that were just there for support....it was worse to me.

Are they not professional athletes? Last I checked they were. How many other fights in the UFC have you seen that happen in? My guess in none. Babalu however choked a guy to sleep after a tapout and where is he now? Answer: Strikeforce. I can't explain the non punishment on Nate. However, that is Dana's Octagon and he can control what goes on in his promotion during his company's PPV's.

Did Kos flop in his last two fights Yes? I am not going to crucify him for that. His hair moved from the knee I watched the replay. :D Had it connected clean automatic point deduction if not DQ. The shot Kos took from Rumble connected more than Daley's. Daley's shot after the bell was completely wrong though. Dana asked Daley after the fight what was he thinking and Daley said he didn't realize the fight was over. C'mon now...you are going to come to Dana with that. Had he said he was frustrated and took ownership on what he did, he might still have a job.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
daleypunch.gif

Members online

Latest posts