Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

question about 2010 bowman checklist...please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys....i was looking back at jaypers checklist post and some presells on ebay. There are guys preselling teheran lots (BCP105), castro lots (BCP100) etc. Does this mean these guys will have a 2009 chrome, a 2010 chrome and a 2010 auto? cause 100-110 are listed as chromes, and chrome autos.....and it may even be 89-110, i didnt check!

HELP

IM CONFUSED :eek:

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
dont you think that really hurts the value of the 2009 chromes then since its really their first chrome card? why would they do a chrome and a chrome auto same year?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Welcome to the new rookie rules and Topps taking advantage of the Bowman cash cow.

This thing became a mess after 2006.

It's a great thing for prospectors cause you can make some cash over and over again.

I wonder how people will look back and see things ten years from now- i'm sure one particular issue or two will stand up above the rest.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
2010 Chrome auto > 2009 Chrome non-auto > 2010 Chrome non-auto

This is basically how it goes. Autos always trump everything (see 2007 BDP non-auto checklist vs 2008 Bowman w/ Chrome auto checklist), but the 2nd year non-auto chromes usually aren't worth nearly as much as the first year stuff.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

This is basically how it goes. Autos always trump everything (see 2007 BDP non-auto checklist vs 2008 Bowman w/ Chrome auto checklist), but the 2nd year non-auto chromes usually aren't worth nearly as much as the first year stuff.

I think from the prospecting perspective, the market has shown that the autograph, even as a second year release, can yield the highest dollars, though from a collector's point of view, speaking for myself, I still prefer the first issue 2009 bowman chrome parallels- Castro will have tons of autographs from now on, but only one first year bowman chrome card.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
brouthercard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I think from the prospecting perspective, the market has shown that the autograph, even as a second year release, can yield the highest dollars, though from a collector's point of view, speaking for myself, I still prefer the first issue 2009 bowman chrome parallels- Castro will have tons of autographs from now on, but only one first year bowman chrome card.

Yep, each collector must decide for themselves what "rookie card" is most desirable, but as you have mentioned, the autograph is definitely the best investment.

Members online

Latest posts