Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st round of 2010 Bowman Lots have closed, thoughts on price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
so the 1st round of 2010 Bowman and Bowman Chrome 20 count lots have closed and sold for $1300+ between both base and chrome prospects with the highlight being the over $400 the 20 chrome Strasburg's. What are your thoughts now that we have an idea of what we should expect to get for just the lots (+/- a few $), on whether to rip and sell off lots or just sell the cases sealed? after seeing the final prices especially with the Strasburg chrome's I feel with anyone who is getting 4 cases or more (at the initial buy in of around $750-$800) you should do pretty good with turning a nice profit especially when your almost getting half your money back with just the base and chrome lots!

lmk,
Dan

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Most of the lots drop to about half the initial sales values after the product has been out a week.

It will still depend on your autograph break to determine how much you will lose.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
brouthercard said:
Most of the lots drop to about half the initial sales values after the product has been out a week.

It will still depend on your autograph break to determine how much you will lose.

So, then why don't 100 sellers do the same thing Jim is doing? It seems like a no-brainer....

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
I didnt know Strasburg had a chrome, I thought it was a regular bowman auto

He has a bowman chrome card non auto and a bowman auto

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Guys................

He has a Base Auto, a Chrome Prospect card AND A BASE PROSPECT CARD.

tdkjlk

Aug 8, 2008
So, then why don't 100 sellers do the same thing Jim is doing? It seems like a no-brainer....[/quote]

One reason would be because what the lots ended at would mean an average price of $80 for a 440 count master
once the $10 or so #1-#220 base set is added. Plenty of these 440 master sets have been sold off Ebay for over $100
so you are giving up $20-$30 per Set and adding a lot of shipping hassle by doing 20ct lots.
I am already second guessing why I listed 20ct lots.

Members online

Latest posts