Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Funny response after being ripped off in a trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
So in November of last year, I made a trade with a new member on another trading site. I sent a 2007 Topps '52 Andy LaRoche auto, and he was supposed to send me a 2008 Topps Heritage Carlos Zambrano Black Refractor. The Zambrano never arrived, and the member was banned from the site. Apparently he had ripped off some other people as well, and he gave me the correct address to ship my end, but a fake name. Being an idiot savant, I remembered that I sent my end to Flint, Michigan. The blacks really start to dry up about 3-4 months after a Heritage product releases, so imagine my surprise when I saw this auction tonight:

[ebay:3tzg2xgw]110530929554[/ebay:3tzg2xgw]

I sent the following message, not really expecting a response -

Hi-

I traded you a Topps '52 Andy LaRoche auto for
this card on The Bench last year, and you never
sent it. I would appreciate it if you would end
the auction and send the Zambrano to me. Please
forgive me if I have the wrong person, but I
traded with someone from Flint, Michigan, and
there are not too many Zambrano black refractors.
Please let me know if you need my address again.

Much to my surprise, I received this about 5 minutes after I sent the message -

you have the write person.I went away for awhile and couldnt remember the info to login on the
site.Yes send me your info please and lol nice find.I will have the card out as soon as possible.But the problem i am having is there is a bid on it.Maybe you can win it and i wouldnt charge you?Any suggestions.And to be honest you were not supose to send until i sent my end first so please dont give me a hard time.Like i said i had to leave for a while.

Awesomeness. Not really expecting it to show up, but it will be a nice surprise if it does.

- - Edit - - Looks like he ended the auction as I was typing this up, so that's a good sign. I told him he would be on the hook for ebay fees even if his little idea worked, so it would have been nice to see about 25 FCBers try to beat my thousand dollar bid.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Nice good to see he owned up
If I were you I would be nice as heck just to make sure he completes the deal
Do you have a daily search on it ?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Crazy sequence of events. Pretty cool that he seems to actually be honoring his end of the deal.

Also pretty cool that he spelled "right" as "write" ::facepalm:: but we won't hold it against him since he's being a good guy about all this.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
craiger122003 said:
Nice good to see he owned up
If I were you I would be nice as heck just to make sure he completes the deal
Do you have a daily search on it ?

I don't have a daily search on it, but I do search for Heritage blacks. This is the first black Zambrano I've seen in quite a while. I wasn't sending out a huge card in exchange for it, but after this trade (and others), I won't send first unless trading with an established trader. Common sense, I know, but I guess I just gave the benefit of the doubt too much.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I was guessing 46 with dual computer screens (Ebay and World of Warcraft) and perma-stained orange fingers from Cheetohs, sitting in mommy's basement.

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
jbhofmann said:
I was guessing 46 with dual computer screens (Ebay and World of Warcraft) and perma-stained orange fingers from Cheetohs, sitting in mommy's basement.

I have dual computer screens, but only at work because I have too :lol:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Had this exchange a couple hours ago - like I said before, I'm not really expecting this one to show up.

Dear mudflap02,

hey is pwe ok with this card?Havent sent it yet but will do so lmk please and thanks..

- 10bcarmen

I sent your end in a bubble mailer, and I take it the card arrived safely. I would expect the same from you as a matter of common courtesy.

Thanks-
mudflap02

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I think you need to find some new traders bro, or at least traders you can trust!

LOL
Kevin
(sends all heritage in bubble mailers)

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Yup, hoping to get a few done this weekend. You're on my list Kevin. I may have picked up a card for my PC a couple of days ago that we've both been looking for for a while, but I'm still not sure if it's a done deal.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
jbhofmann said:

Reminds me of one of my all-time favorite jokes... (is there a Jokes H.O.F.?)

Guy goes to the doctor; "Doc, I think I have a rare venereal disease"

Doctor says "What makes you think so?"

"My ***** is orange"

"Really?" chuckles the doctor, "Please drop your pants"

"Well, I'll be darned," says the Doctor, "why don't you tell me about your sex life..."

"Ok... I'm not married anymore, I don't even have a girlfriend. I haven't had a date in 8 months... basically, all I do is stay home, eat Cheetos and watch *****..."

Members online

Latest posts