Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Making my first trip to Yankee Stadium this weekend!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
So excited. Wish I could have made it to the old one, but this trip will do just fine! My brother and I are flying out for Friday night's game (Cap Nite!) and Saturday's game. Fly back on Sunday.

So my question to the huddled masses of New Yorkers today is for any tips, dos/don'ts when at the Stadium? We're staying at the Red Roof Inn on 32nd, right by the ESB, so yeah, we'll check that out. We've been to New York together before, so we don't need a "must see list." (we'll eat in Little Itally since we both love Itallian food) Just wondering about the Stadium itself.--What to eat, what to skip, what can I bring in, will I get beat up for wearing a Twins hat, etc. I'll take a ton of pics, and might bring my son's Flip camera. (Don't know where our seats are yet--but I e-mailed my brother for that info. When he gets back to me I'll update.) Thanks in advance for any tips!

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Couple things you may want to know. Food is very expensive and so is beer. Stadium is open two hours prior to the start of the game. The only time I have tried to go for batting practice you can not get into the good seats unless you have tickets in those seats. There are restaurants there if you would like to get that extra early and eat dinner then go to the game. Some of the restaurants are Hard Rock Cafe and NYY Steak House. There is a yankee museum there that is free. Very small, but cool. You are aloud to bring a backpack as long as it fits "there size." I am unsure of there exact measurement. Hope you have a great time!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Canocollector#1 said:
Couple things you may want to know. Food is very expensive and so is beer. Stadium is open two hours prior to the start of the game. The only time I have tried to go for batting practice you can not get into the good seats unless you have tickets in those seats. There are restaurants there if you would like to get that extra early and eat dinner then go to the game. Some of the restaurants are Hard Rock Cafe and NYY Steak House. There is a yankee museum there that is free. Very small, but cool. You are aloud to bring a backpack as long as it fits "there size." I am unsure of there exact measurement. Hope you have a great time!

They sure have plenty of autographed baseballs.

6a00d8341c5a2653ef01157077c478970b-800wi.jpg

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
vwnut13 said:
Canocollector#1 said:

They sure have plenty of autographed baseballs.

6a00d8341c5a2653ef01157077c478970b-800wi.jpg

Yes, that they do. Just meant that it is in a small area. I believe they are trying to get an autograph of every player ever to play with the Yankees.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Get into the museum. Some of the stuff there is amazing.

004.jpg

Babe Ruth's 1932 jersey, of the Called Shot fame.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
5-1-10087.jpg
stop by there you'll be able to sneak in around the bullpen
5-1-10103.jpg
Probably my favorite part
5-1-10187-1.jpg
Just to show off a cool picture:)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Thanks guys. I'll try some ball park fare, but we'll see what I end up being hungry for. :D For Friday we are down the third base line, somewhere in the left field corner. For Saturday, we are up high behind home plate somewhere in the shade. (that's where my brother likes to sit. Since he's buying the tickets, I'll sit anywhere!) I'm as excited to take some pictures as much as anything else! And check another ballpark off my list, of course!

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
after the game, if you want, hang out in the highway and see Yankee players cars. At times, players sign stuff while in traffic. Have fun!

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I'm a season ticket holder and have been to a bunch of games (including every playoff game last year except for ALCS game 6).

Here are a few tips:

1. Take the 4 train (green line). Do not take the 5 or 6. They're on the same line in Manhattan, so just make sure you're on a train with all the people in Yankee gear.
2. Beer isn't actually all that expensive, at least when you compare it to anywhere else in NYC.
3. The food isn't good. I'd go to a sandwich place and buy whatever you want to eat, then bring it in, along with your own peanuts, popcorn or whatever else you want. (I'm not sure about drinks, but I think you can bring in sealed plastic bottles.)
4. The stadium museum is worth seeing, but don't stand in line. Go during the game and you can breeze in and see it all in a few minutes.
5. You'll be OK with your Twins hat, but be prepared to get heckled from time to time.
6. Consider going to the Empire State Building LATE at night. It's open past midnight and the views are amazing at night. The lines are nearly non-existent at that time, as well. If you do go up, get the audio tour. It's well done and tells you a lot about the city.
7. There are normally ex-Yankees signing autographs by Stan's bar before the game. Jim Leyritz is a regular, but sometimes you get some bigger names, as well.
8. Get the beer with the nice souvenir cup. It's actually worth taking home. (Or just grab some from the ground after the game.)
9. Take the elevators if you're in the upper deck. You'll save quite a bit of time.
10. Don't stand in line at the team store. There are several around Manhattan, if you really want to check them out.

If you want other ideas for restaurants/whatever, drop me a PM. I can give you good spots in every price range in most neighborhoods. NYC is the world's greatest restaurant city, and it's well worth dropping some decent cash on a meal, if you can swing it.

Have a good time...

ajw

Members online

Latest posts