Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bobby Dont Let the Door Hit Ya Where the Good Lord Split Ya!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I really might have a party. WOOOOOOOOOOOO. I wish I was in Dallas so I could help him carry his luggage onto the plane.

I'm pretty excited to have Barron on the team. There's the possibility he could be the next Leonard Davis (underachiever turned all pro). I just hope he can keep his penalties under control. We just gained 50 yards/game by dumping Adams, so we don't want to lose them again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... gets-done/

The Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams have reportedly completed a trade in which the teams are swapping former first-round draft picks.

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com reports that the trade was completed on Monday.

Barron, a 2005 first-round pick, and Carpenter, a 2006 first-round pick, have both been disappointments. Barron has started 74 games (including all 16 last year) but has been prone to missed assignments and penalties. And Carpenter has only started three games and never made an impact on defense.

In St. Louis Carpenter will have a chance to compete for a starting position that he never earned in Dallas. Barron will challenge Doug Free for the starting job at left tackle.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Is it weird that when I got the text message about this trade from ESPN that you were the first person I thought of?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
If Barron is a starter then you can expect 3-5 penalties a game from him. He's a momentum killer and why you would be excited to have him doesn't make sense. I can understand being happy about dumping Carpenter but to trade him for Barron won't really benifit the 'Girls. Although the Rams didn't have much for a offense the past couple of years, Barron always seemed to kill them when they were moving the ball.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
As a Rams fan, I am happy with this deal also! Good riddance Barron! Hopefully change of scenery will do Carpenter good. He was a good player in college, hopefully Spags can bring it back out of him. If not, at least Barron is gone!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
bodiaz said:
As a Rams fan, I am happy with this deal also! Good riddance Barron! Hopefully change of scenery will do Carpenter good. He was a good player in college, hopefully Spags can bring it back out of him. If not, at least Barron is gone!
Yes, those that have seen Barron play wouldn't be happy to have their team trade for him unless they are huge homers. I am glad to see him go and hopefully Carpenter can turn it up and around, but if he doesn't oh well they still got rid of Barron.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Carpenter will play in a scheme he is more familiar with and Barron will have to fight for playing time. If he wants to play for a winner he'll have to be smart and coachable. Both players should benefit from this trade.

Members online

Latest posts