Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey proves what I have always said! LAZY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
If this doesn't say he is in it just for stats and $, what does?!? Why fans always have his back is beyond me. They praise him for being the star who didnt use roids, fact is he is a lazy turd that got by on raw talent his entire career. I much rather root for someone that worked out 8 hours a day, stuck to a strict diet, and played for the right reasons rather than a guy who got a huge payday, never worked out, and suffered tons of hamstring injuries because of his laziness! You guys may stick up for him, but Griffey cheated you out of 10-15 years of great baseball! If he cared half as much as the hated roiders, he could have been one of the greatest ever.

Though he may be 40 years old now, sometimes "The Kid" needs to sleep.

Griffey

Seattle Mariners star Ken Griffey Jr. missed a chance to enter an unspecified game last week as a pinch hitter because he was asleep in the clubhouse, according to a report from the Tacoma News Tribune.

When pressed following the game as to why he had not used the left-handed slugger as a pinch hitter, Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu was evasive.

But according to two unnamed younger Seattle players who are both fond of Griffey, the future Hall of Famer had fallen asleep.

"He was asleep in the clubhouse," one player told the Tribune. "He'd gone back about the fifth inning to get a jacket and didn't come back. I went back in about the seventh inning -- and he was in his chair, sound asleep."

The second player, who is reported to know Griffey better, claims the scuffling slugger has had difficulty sleeping at home.

"He doesn't sleep well at night, he's away from his family, he's comfortable in the clubhouse," he told the Tribune. "They could have awakened him."

Griffey is batting .208 with just five RBIs for a last-place Mariners club that has struggled mightily in trying to get runs across the plate this season.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
sportscardtheory said:
He IS one of the greatest ever. He has the resume to prove it.

No doubt.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he is lazy or just in it for the money or that laziness led to his hamstring injuries. It's tough to condone sleeping during a game, but he is clearly out of his prime and has a much different role in the game today.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
He has no heart, that is the problem I have with him! Do you think Ty Cobb or Pete Rose would have slept during a game? No. They worked their butts off to make themselves the players they became. Griffey was lucky enough to be blessed with great genetics. He coasted on that until his body broke down at 30. If he had worked as hard as Cobb, Rose, Bonds, Clemens or McGwire, he would have 800 HRs and be with Bonds in the 500 500 club. He could have been a top 3 player of alltime, instead he has been average to below average for the last 10-12 years of his career. But people still love and stick up for his lazy ass! I do not get it.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Your attempt at manufactured drama has failed . . .

He fell asleep once and you're all over him? Cobb probably belted shots between innings and Rose was on the phone to his bookie.

Griffey fell asleep.

I don't think anyone cares and still would consider him a first ballot HoFer, and well deserved.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Zithy said:

He fell asleep once and you're all over him? Cobb probably belted shots between innings and Rose was on the phone to his bookie.

Griffey fell asleep.

I don't think anyone cares and still would consider him a first ballot HoFer, and well deserved.

You forgot Bonds was probably getting a shot in his ass.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Zithy said:

Griffey fell asleep.

Never said Griffey was not first ballot, he could have been much more. The fact that I am the only one that sees that baffles me. He has everyone fooled.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
bodiaz said:
Zithy said:

Griffey fell asleep.

Never said Griffey was not first ballot, he could have been much more. The fact that I am the only one that sees that baffles me. He has everyone fooled.

how does he have everyone fooled...i dont think many people consider him to be a workout monster, he is just a natural ball player who was awesome in his prime

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
bodiaz said:
He has no heart, that is the problem I have with him! Do you think Ty Cobb or Pete Rose would have slept during a game? No. They worked their butts off to make themselves the players they became. Griffey was lucky enough to be blessed with great genetics. He coasted on that until his body broke down at 30. If he had worked as hard as Cobb, Rose, Bonds, Clemens or McGwire, he would have 800 HRs and be with Bonds in the 500 500 club. He could have been a top 3 player of alltime, instead he has been average to below average for the last 10-12 years of his career. But people still love and stick up for his lazy ass! I do not get it.

"Worked as hard ... Bonds, Clemens, McGwire." You mean, if he took 'roids...

Funny how you mock others for sticking up for Griffey, when you're the one who constantly sticks up for the biggest cheat in the game...oh the irony. And the best part, it's not like Bonds has officially retired. Sounds to me like Griffey's not the only one looking to "hold on".

Griffey may be a bit lazy, but at least he wasn't a cheater. And unless you live in Seattle, you have no idea why people (especially those out here) stick up for him.

Once again, just another attempt by bodiaz to troll...you've clearly taken over as the top one on these boards. Miggy should drop you a "thank you" PM.

Let me also add that I continue to find it humorous that you bash his "natural ability". Only you would knock someone for being naturally gifted, as opposed to someone who needs enhancements to be a good player.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
He should have just pumped a needle full of red bull and roids in his ass and been good to go! What a waste of space and a disgrace to baseball for not doing it. Have the heart to win Griffey, juice dat!

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
bodiaz said:
Zithy said:

Griffey fell asleep.

window_licker_1_.gif

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I don't think anyone dislikes the guy or doesn't think he's HOF. Its just interesting that Griffey hasn't led his league in a stat since 1999. He hasn't received an MVP vote since 1999 either (baseball-reference says he did in 2005, but I don't see it there).

But he's clearly first-ballot HOF from due to his production from 1990-1999 with the Ms, the next 10 years he was 'just' a star player at best with the Reds.

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
bodiaz said:
If this doesn't say he is in it just for stats and $, what does?!? Why fans always have his back is beyond me. They praise him for being the star who didnt use roids, fact is he is a lazy turd that got by on raw talent his entire career.

I'd rather have a star who can get by on raw talent than one who uses steroids to get an unfair advantage.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not defending bodiaz but I used to take pitching lessons from a former Seattle Mariner who was teammates with Griffey for two years. He said he was not exaggerating when he said Griffey would come in, take some hacks off the tee and play his SNES baseball game the rest of the day or until game time. This was before he had ever achieved 40 HR's in a season though...

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
And lets se im pretty sure you can say that every athlete not named brett favre or allen iverson works hard day in or day out if you stalk griffey please tell me im wrong but with the seriousness of his past injuries maybe he can't work pout to the extent he used to. Oh and remember he has played this game of baseball for 21 years im not even that old and i feel like im fallen to bits so riddle me grifey does not work hard he is a pleasure to watch

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts