Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seller Shipping Excuse - This is good...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
So I won something about 10 days ago, I haven't even contacted the seller yet, I usually wait 2 weeks. Here is the email I got last night from seller mhsthings...

"Hi, I'm afraid I have some disappointing news. Your package came BACK to me in the mail because the postage sticker has been RIPPED OFF of the package! Evidently, the good ol' post office tried to put the envelope through one of its automated sorting machines, which they are NOT supposed to do, because it's a parcel! HOWEVER, none of the contents in the package were damaged at all. I am RE-mailing a different package out to you in Tuesday morning's mail. Please, please, if you get time, let me know when you receive the package so that I will know it got to you OK this time. I figured you had already received it until I saw it in my mailbox. I sincerely apologize for this delay, but I am doing everything I can to get your package to you. I really appreciate your patience!!

Thank you,

Mike C******
mhsthings"

Now that wouldn't have been a problem, even if it was an excuse it has only been 10 days, but when I received the email I recognized the name. I went back through some old emails and found this...

Bought another card back in March, about 2 weeks after I paid for the card I got this response from sportscardsusa...

"Hi, I'm afraid I have some disappointing news about your package. I apologize for not e-mailing you sooner, but I've been in Florida for the past 9 days and haven't had access to the internet. When I returned home last night, I noticed that your package had been returned to me because, somehow, the postage sticker had been RIPPED OFF of the package! It looks to me as if the post office tried to put the bubble envelope through one of its automated sorting machines, which has actually happened to me before. HOWEVER, the card was not harmed. I can either give you a full refund, or I can mail it back out to you in Monday morning's mail. It's completely up to you. Just let me know what you would like and I will make it happen. Again, my apologies for this screw-up, but I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you.

Thank you again for your patience,

Mike C******
SportscardsUSA"

I laughed at first but I will definitely be following up with him to call him out on it...

How many others have bought from either of these 2 names and received this story?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Yup.

Won a card on 4/18, and about a week later got this.

Hi, and thank you for your recent eBay purchase! I'm afraid I have some disappointing news about your package. Your package came back in the mail to me Saturday morning because the postage sticker had been RIPPED OFF of the package!! I guess the post office tried to put the envelope through one of its automated sorting machines, which they are NOT supposed to do! HOWEVER, the card was NOT damaged in any way at all, and I am RE-mailing the package out in Tuesday morning's mail. So, you should get it within a few days. I sincerely apologize for the uncontrollable delay, and in an attempt to keep your business, I will be glad to offer you FREE shipping on your next order from us. Again, my apologies for the USPS error, but I will take care of it!!

Thanks,
Mike
SportscardsUSA
Got the card about 5 days after that. :lol:

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
eh, just let it go man

it isn't worth the $1.19 two pack of gas station excedrin digging into the matter would cause you to need.

Like I said, I am not upset about it... I just want to see what kind of response I get from him.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Wow, that happens to him a lot!

Seriously, I'd just give him good feedback if I got the card in great shape (non PWE, of course). But I would send a lil note like you mentioned.

Post the reply here, I'm curious what his response could be. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict:

"Hi, I'm afraid I have some disappointing news. Your email came BACK to me in the computer because my enter key has been RIPPED OFF of the computer! Evidently, the good ol' post office tried to put the enter key through one of its automated sorting machines, which they are NOT supposed to do, because it's a keyboard! HOWEVER, none of the contents in the email were damaged at all. I am RE-mailing a different email out to you in Tuesday morning's mail. Please, please, if you get time, let me know when you receive the email so that I will know it got to you OK this time. I figured you had already received it until I saw it in my mailbox. I sincerely apologize for this delay, but I am doing everything I can to get your email to you. I really appreciate your patience!!

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
My opinion... Just mark him down on feedback for shipping time and move on. It's really not worth the aggravation when he flames you back in e-mail.

Tom

Members online