Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The AP To Revote for DROY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Ryo1549 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5176949

Hmm wow I never thought they'd do that.

Then maybe they should go back and revote for 2002 and 2005. Dumb move by the AP.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
If I was one of those voters I honestly think I'd refuse to re-vote.

Maybe this has been explained and I've missed it - but I'd question why he was even allowed to play the full season and why did it take this long to even come to light. Is it cheating if the NFL knows and still allows him to play? Should the NFL put in a rule that takes individual awards away if something like this happens? What if his team won the Super Bowl? How big a problem are PED's in the sport? etc. etc.

Just opens the proverbial can of worms and I think the league is just dodging the issue by allowing AP voters to basically make the judgment call.....Sure a lot of the voters will love that they are being put in this position - to dictate how players that use PED's should be viewed in relation to personal accomplishments.......but personally I'd want no part, and as I said, I'd leave my ballot blank.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I think they should do this, not to spite the Cush, but rather to send a damn clear message to Mr. Crackdown, Roger Goodell.

The fact that this guy was allowed to play the entire season after testing positive is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

With that said, if the NFL said Cush was okay to play, who the eff does the AP think they are? The APs job is to vote on the best production, and Cush was the winner.

He racked up those statistics under the KNOWING EYE of the NFL. This isn't like any other situation, even baseball. Baseball knew, but they didn't have actual tests.

Unless the NFL has a policy of no fine for the first offense, then this is absolutely ridiculous by both parties (the NFL and the AP)

detox

May 15, 2009
KingTrojan43 said:
thats a bunch of BS in my opinion.

HomerSimpson48.gif

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If he filed in season 2, this wouldn't happen. It's because he failed during his rookie campaign where he won the award that they're doing it. I also think it's more of an overall statement that steroids will no longer be tolerated. He's going to be the poster child, which is unfortunate for him.

Latest posts