Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Million Card Giveaway + Bucky = Great trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, sadly I didn't make this up. I currently have a 1973 Bernie Carbo card in my Topps Million Card Giveaway account and as I was checking through the possible trades (almost always insanely dumb) a username caught my eye..."BUCKY75."

Is it actually the legendary "BUCKY75" that some of us remember from the BMB days?

So what was the legendary Bucky offering up for trade?

silly-bucky.jpg

Anyone else, I would think they are being funny, but with Bucky I'm not to sure. Anyway, I thought I'd share a blast from the past while checking for "blast from the past" trades.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
markakis8 said:
Is this the guy that pretended to be on the cover of a Beckett?

Actually he was the only one who wasn't pretending that he was on the cover of a Beckett. It was the rest of the world who was pretending that he was.

The importance of Bucky75 in the hobby.... a classic!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Beckett.jpg

I found that.... and I found this....

Sent: Tue, Oct 23, 2007 5:48 pm
Subject: "Bucky" photos and Beckett cover

.........If the image reappear on the boards from these links (whether by you or any other user), your account will be suspended for failure to comply with the request to remove them.

But I couldn't find the pic of the Beckett cover.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
RL24 said:
markakis8 said:
Is this the guy that pretended to be on the cover of a Beckett?

Actually he was the only one who wasn't pretending that he was on the cover of a Beckett. It was the rest of the world who was pretending that he was.

The importance of Bucky75 in the hobby.... a classic!

I was the creator of the cover and that famous tag line. After I posted the cover in his thread, he contacted me....he thought the image was funny and said he planned to use it as his avatar on another site. I heard Clint's wife did the same thing with the picture of him and Richard Simmons enjoying a bubble bath.

I digress, once the entire BMB piled on.....Bucky (Stuart) got upset and didn't find the joke funny anymore.

BeckettwithBuckey.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I think he is on SCF as BSBALLCOMMISH75. I remember him always having the SR. 75 in his sig, and bsballcommish has that same sig. Guy is always looking for odd stuff, just like Bucky was also. He was definitely a character though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts