Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has Anyone Got Any Razor Back From BGS Yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I am just curious, didn't know how you guys thought they were grading. Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I know better than to attempt to send any in. Not one of the autographs in my case looked even close to gradeworthy.

BGS 9.5's will command significant premiums, if any materialize. Of course, card trimmers will be hard at work to accomplish this feat. Know your enemy, everyone.

pjnprospects

Aug 7, 2008
I was also curious about this. I noticed that on all my cards they all had slight corner problems or weird edges. Anyone know how there going to deal with centering on these?

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
GEM Razor would be as hard as this year's Donruss thread, pretty bad corners and edges..

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
pjnprospects said:
Anyone know how there going to deal with centering on these?

If you look at the Beckham in my sig, I would imagine they'll measure the distance between the edge of the "box" where the autograph is contained and the edge of the card itself.

Top to bottom centering will be harder to judge, as these are borderless cards.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
I know better than to attempt to send any in. Not one of the autographs in my case looked even close to gradeworthy.

BGS 9.5's will command significant premiums, if any materialize. Of course, card trimmers will be hard at work to accomplish this feat. Know your enemy, everyone.

The thing is, this ones corners are nice... Thats why I was thinking about it,
EHosmer.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
arod305 said:
Jaypers said:

EHosmer.jpg

Did you inspect the back edges and corners? That's where the trouble lies.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Check the edges on the back. My corners were fine but all the edges are rough on the back. Like the blade used to cut them wasn't sharp enough or something.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
arod305 said:
Jaypers said:

EHosmer.jpg

Yes sir, everything looks nice. I am more concerned about the centering...

Johan yes it is

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ThoseBackPages said:
Is Razor replacing these cards with poor back chipping?

Doubt it would do any good. This amount of damage isn't coming from cards rattling around in packs; the problem originates with how they were cut.

Hope Brian fixes this problem before Letterman releases.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
arod305 said:
Jaypers said:

Yes sir, everything looks nice. I am more concerned about the centering...

Are you using a 10X magnifier? It can sometimes be hard to spot the damage with the naked eye, what with it being all white. Remember, BGS uses magnifiers of their own.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Is Razor replacing these cards with poor back chipping?

Doubt it would do any good. This amount of damage isn't coming from cards rattling around in packs; the problem originates from how they were cut.

Hope Brian fixes this problem before Letterman releases.

Do you feel that this was due to rushing out the product? I wonder how they are handling total product returns
from customers that expect the cards they buy to be in at least near mint shape.

(yes, this comes off as "negative", but seeing that the average joe has no exposure to this place, therefore no
contact with Brian Gray, im wondering how they are handling this from a CS standpoint)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Yes, there will be gems.

No, that doesn't mean they are/will be trimmed.

No, the backs aren't chipped, but rather have a "rough" cut.

JP, you are WAY too harsh on your cards. I have told you that for a while now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Yes, there will be gems.

One day I should send you every one of the autos pulled from my case, plus the ones I won on eBay for you to inspect with your loupe, and you will be nodding your head in agreement. Promise.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Yes, there will be gems.

One day I should send you every one of the autos pulled from my case, plus the ones I won on eBay for you to inspect with your loupe, and you will be nodding your head in agreement. Promise.

I'll repeat, like a broken record.....

You never know.

Once all my Razor stuff comes in, I will be sending in a bunch.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
When it comes to submitting cards, people with higher incomes have a lot more disposable funds to throw away on those specimens which don't meet the MG and can also be more lax when inspecting them prior to submission.

I am not one of them, despite what anyone thinks.

Back to work. Later, all.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Yes, there will be gems.

To be fair I'm not a grader and didn't use a magnifying glass, but I could still see the rough cut on every auto I pulled.

Members online

Latest posts