Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

looking for info on ***** league players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
First I would like to apologize for making a non Bowman 2010 post I know that is looked down upon in these parts :)

My buddy is making a collection of auto'd baseballs and his range per bal is around $400. He would like to add some great ***** league players to it but is having a hard time deciding who to go with in his price range. I told him Buck Leonard would be a good one and his stuff was cheap but thought I would ask here if anyone had some other suggestions on ***** league players he might want to look into that are in his price range for auto'd baseballs. Thanks for your time and you may all return to your bowman frenzy :)

dherm360

Mar 30, 2010
there are absolutely a ton for under 400.00 per

Buck O'Neil
Cool Papa Bell
Peanut Johnson
Radcliffe
Artie Wilson
Monte Irvin
Josh Johnson

if he does a little research he will have an extraordinary collection
hope this helps

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
dherm360 said:
there are absolutely a ton for under 400.00 per

Buck O'Neil
Cool Papa Bell
Peanut Johnson
Radcliffe
Artie Wilson
Monte Irvin
Josh Johnson

if he does a little research he will have an extraordinary collection
hope this helps

Thanks this helps alot. His main goal he is doign is he bought a baseball case display in the shape of a baseball field and he is trying to get a top player for each psoition. I think these guys are a great start!

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
one of the antique stores in town has a few buck o'neil balls for under $100 i think. not sure of the authenticity. if i remember correctly they were even cheaper than that... like maybe $60 or less.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Cool "Papa" Bell
Lou Dials... I actually had the honor of meeting him at a card show in 1990, bought some "Papa" autos of of him along with his own... lots of cool stories too, great guy... RIP

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
As a ***** league autograph collector I recommend people start with this book, [ebay:1dwgj2c3]300420302273[/ebay:1dwgj2c3]

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
This is a little off topic and might sound crazy but probably one of the best books I've seen on the ***** Leagues is a children's picture book:We Are the Ship by Kadir Nelson. His paintings have this unreal style and smoothness about them. The text is pretty informative as well. Your buddy might find some interesting players to collect while reading this book.

10SHIPslide.jpg

12SHIPslide.jpg

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
jbhofmann said:
This is a little off topic and might sound crazy but probably one of the best books I've seen on the ***** Leagues is a children's picture book:We Are the Ship by Kadir Nelson. His paintings have this unreal style and smoothness about them. The text is pretty informative as well. Your buddy might find some interesting players to collect while reading this book.

10SHIPslide.jpg

12SHIPslide.jpg

Thanks man that looks awesome! I ight try and get that book for my sons

Members online