Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB - 5/12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Red Sox going for their second sweep of Toronto in the last 2 weeks.

Yankees playing a double header with Porcello on the mound for the Tigers.

Who are you watching today?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'll be watching to see if Arizona can salvage anything out of this awful series. They're now 7 back in the West and fading quickly. Here's some recent info on Edwin Jackson, an All-Star last year, who's been awful.

Kuroda will match up with Edwin Jackson (1-4, 7.32), who has seen a terrible start to his first season with the Diamondbacks continue with losses in his last three starts. The right-hander fell victim to poor run support in his last outing, yielding three runs and striking out seven in seven respectable innings but winding up on the short end of Friday's 3-2 loss to Milwaukee. Jackson had a 25.58 ERA over his previous two outings. If Jackson has another poor outing, Arizona will have not choice but to turn to its beleaguered bullpen again. Diamondbacks relievers have allowed 26 runs in 11 2/3 innings over the last four games. How about Halladay and Moyer in a double-header at Colorado?

Arizona is last or near last in almost every pitching catergory, and the boppers aren't hitting either. Oh boy...

As for good pitching, how about Halladay and Moyer in a double-header at Colorado? And Holland's 2010 debut for Texas! If he can add some good outings, they could run away with that division.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
Can you believe Homer Bailey has only thrown 70 pitches through 7 IP? Nuts.

Efficiency is one thing he has lacked forever. Not today.

Update: 80 pitches through 8 IP, 4 hits, 5 Ks, no runs, no walks, and get this:

65 strikes, 15 balls.

That's nuts.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
card-treasury said:
Can you believe Homer Bailey has only thrown 70 pitches through 7 IP? Nuts.

Efficiency is one thing he has lacked forever. Not today.

Update: 80 pitches through 8 IP, 4 hits, 5 Ks, no runs, no walks, and get this:

65 strikes, 15 balls.

That's nuts.

Last two day the Reds pitchers haven't given up a run or a walk

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Rick Porcello went 7 shutout innings in his best start of the year against the Yankees.

7 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 K

Lots of groundball outs. He looked great out there today.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
bozemanbreaker said:
I'm hoping Derek Holland (TEX) no-hit's the A's tonight so that I sell off a few chrome autos :)

+100000000000000

I'm suprised to see the Cubs winning!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Rick Porcello went 7 shutout innings in his best start of the year against the Yankees.

7 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 K

Lots of groundball outs. He looked great out there today.

And the bullpen comes through again to preserve the shutout 2-0 and get Porcello the win. Great game for Detroit.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Shaun Marcum two-hitting the Red Sox through 7.

Travis Snider with a 2B and 2-run HR (5).

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Homer finished that game, and in 90 pitches :eek:

outstanding... only a matter of time. I still believe, Homer

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
DaveH said:
Homer finished that game, and in 90 pitches :eek:

outstanding... only a matter of time. I still believe, Homer

I've got a nice auction of his up now

I hope this helps :D

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I honestly think the Red Sox would have won 3 more games already this year sans David Ortiz.

bmoore997

Mar 9, 2009
Jays_Cards said:
I honestly think the Red Sox would have won 3 more games already this year sans David Ortiz.

That called strike 3 on him in the bottom of the 9th was horrible. Not his fault.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
bmoore997 said:
Jays_Cards said:

That called strike 3 on him in the bottom of the 9th was horrible. Not his fault.

I agree that it was a bad call, but I still hate seeing him coming to the plate. I literally usually get up to get a drink.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
bmoore997 said:
Jays_Cards said:

Yeah, Gregg mighta been a bit lucky on that one, lol. Though judging by Gameday the zone was awfully wide today for both sides.

I'll be honest though, two to three years ago seeing Ortiz up as the tying run would have terrified me. Today, not one bit.

Members online

Latest posts