Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg...

Buy/Sell/Hold

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetsmets150

Jan 29, 2010
With your Stephen Strasburg cards from 2010 bowman, would you buy/sell/or hold. I want some opinions Thanks!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If he winds up in Bowman Chrome as an auto and you haven't sold, i think you made a mistake at that point.

While we're on it, is there even a point to selling the USA guys before the draft?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
as much as i would love to own one because he is on a local team i would have to sell at these prices. once he gets the call he is going to have autos out the rearend. ill pick one up then.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
thefasterblade said:
$20 for a chrome, give me a break.

Exactly, plus he will have a chrome auto this year which will be the card to have of him.

The ONLY reason for holding is if you think he will debut before his chrome autos come out. But even so, how much higher will his chromes go?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Prices will be lower in two weeks (unless his cards make some national news story or he's on the SI cover).

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
He has a no hitter through six right now as I type this reply and the ESPN Sportscasters are hyping him big time! My Jumbo case is "Out for delivery" with UPS so I have the front door propped open so I can hear the truck coming. I'm going to run down the driveway and give the delivery driver a big HUG!!! :)

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Looks like he just gave up a hit and appears to have been replaced with a reliever. Six innings pitched and one hit. The ESPN guys are saying something like two hits given up in 12+ inings after being promoted to AAA.

On a even more positive note... The UPS kid just showed up and I mauled him in the driveway. Jumbo case in hand. Shutting down the laptop for some "me time" :)

Tom

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Tom Oates said:
Looks like he just gave up a hit and appears to have been replaced with a reliever. Six innings pitched and one hit. The ESPN guys are saying something like two hits given up in 12+ inings after being promoted to AAA.

On a even more positive note... The UPS kid just showed up and I mauled him in the driveway. Jumbo case in hand. Shutting down the laptop for some "me time" :)

Tom

Incorrect. He pitched 6 innings allowing 0 hits. He was replaced in the 7th and the reliever gave up the hit!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tom Oates said:

According to Milb.com he didn't give up any hits.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He may also be up in time to be an auto card in Topps Chrome, which doesn't hit until late September this year. That would send Bowman prices lower too.

Members online