Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies steal signs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Same thing with the Patriots in the NFL. EVERYONE does it and it is part of the game. Why do you think they have signs in the first place? DUH!

Every game I didnt play in college I spent staring at the opponents pitching coach relaying signs to the catcher. One game, I successfully picked off the opponents signs and was confident enough to have my own verbal signs to my teammates to let them know what pitch was coming. It's baseball.

If you don't want your signs stolen, the find more complex signals.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
This has to be the most ridiculous "story" in baseball this year. I can't believe they actually think this was done. Do they really think the bullpen coach, got the signs, some how relayed them to the batter all before the pitch is thrown? The only time you could possibly steal pitch signs is when you are on base and that's why they change them up.

Charlie summoned it up perfectly.

“Because we beat them, that’s why. What the hell? Keep crying."

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
well to play devil's advocate here...yes they could do that. shane victorino, polanco, and utley come up in the 1st inning and boom...the bullpen has the signs....they relay it to the dugout...and now whoever is on second base until the end of the game or until the opponent changes signs (as you have stated) knows EXACTLY what look for and...the other 8 innings could be cake.

do i think it happened? i have no clue. but i do believe EVERY team in the MLB has some sort of system that would be considered "taboo"

ryanhoward06 said:
This has to be the most ridiculous "story" in baseball this year. I can't believe they actually think this was done. Do they really think the bullpen coach, got the signs, some how relayed them to the batter all before the pitch is thrown? The only time you could possibly steal pitch signs is when you are on base and that's why they change them up.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
ryanhoward06 said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm a yankees fan, and have no problem with ANY team stealing signs.

Just wait for the "unwritten rule" bullcrap.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
well to play devil's advocate here...yes they could do that. shane victorino, polanco, and utley come up in the 1st inning and boom...the bullpen has the signs....they relay it to the dugout...and now whoever is on second base until the end of the game or until the opponent changes signs (as you have stated) knows EXACTLY what look for and...the other 8 innings could be cake.

do i think it happened? i have no clue. but i do believe EVERY team in the MLB has some sort of system that would be considered "taboo"

ryanhoward06 said:

But even if the man on second were to relay signs, they constantly change signs up for that very reason.

It would also be much more plausible that the man on second would just figure out the signs when he got there. And that would only work when there was a man on base.

Also why would you have the bullpen steal signs when right in the clubhouse they have every pitch on a 60" screen.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yah the whole binoculars thing is a stretch. As said before..."haters"

ryanhoward06 said:
markakis8 said:

ryanhoward06 said:

But even if the man on second were to relay signs, they constantly change signs up for that very reason.

It would also be much more plausible that the man on second would just figure out the signs when he got there. And that would only work when there was a man on base.

Also why would you have the bullpen steal signs when right in the clubhouse they have every pitch on a 60" screen.

Members online

Latest posts