Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Very happy about this Hanley Ramirez PC "rookie" auto pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Sometimes you find the right card for the right price at a time where you've got a few bucks laying around.

I'm a FIRST card kinda guy, rather than an MLB RC enthusiast, however this MLB RC was his first Marlins card, so as a Fish fan, this was an important one for me.

Numbered to just 25 copies.

Picture022.jpg
Picture023.jpg

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Not costly so much as hard to come by. (only 25 of them) I've seen about 7 on ebay in my searches over the years.

I dropped 150 for it because i had the money to spend, and i didn't want to wait another year and maybe not find one.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
very nice card but geeez i wish i would have waited to sell mine, i think i sold it for like 75...bought it for 40 but still...i wanted to get the rainbow but i couldnt get the super from the guy so i sold mine.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+1 The team/roster the guy plays on matters to many and when it was issued often doesn't. Real sweet pickup.

Not that it matters but the guy who holds the Super put it up a few months ago, but was just showing it off. Would be great for you if you had enough cash for it if it were to pop up again...of course you'd have some competition :)

Mudcatsfan said:
Sometimes you find the right card for the right price at a time where you've got a few bucks laying around.

I'm a FIRST card kinda guy, rather than an MLB RC enthusiast, however this MLB RC was his first Marlins card, so as a Fish fan, this was an important one for me.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
+1 The team/roster the guy plays on matters to many and when it was issued often doesn't. Real sweet pickup.

Not that it matters but the guy who holds the Super put it up a few months ago, but was just showing it off. Would be great for you if you had enough cash for it if it were to pop up again...of course you'd have some competition :)

Mudcatsfan said:

Very cool. Do you happen to have a scan of the super or mind sharing the id of the person so i can ask to see it? Noway i can afford it, but would love to see it.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
Absolutely love these cards. They're breathtaking, in hand :D

2006ToppsChromeRedRefractorAutograp.jpg

Gorgeous, As soon as i got it in hand, i thought about getting a Johnson red, and then i thought about having to outbid you for one, and thought twice :)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
very nice card but geeez i wish i would have waited to sell mine, i think i sold it for like 75...bought it for 40 but still...i wanted to get the rainbow but i couldnt get the super from the guy so i sold mine.

I had a chance to BIN one at $90 about two years ago, but i just didn't have cash on hand that week, and i dont like to dip into savings or credit cards.

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
Sweet card - love that set! I actually tried to build the master set from 06 topps Chrome back when it came out - still have the complete base and refractor sets with autos, as well as about 80% of the black ref set w/autos and 2/3 of the reds as well (with 21 of the autos!). I've got a ton of blue refractors and xfractors in boxes as well. Maybe some day I will finish them!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I have it on a HD back at my place, I'll see about uploading it to PB.

Mudcatsfan said:
Very cool. Do you happen to have a scan of the super or mind sharing the id of the person so i can ask to see it? Noway i can afford it, but would love to see it.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
KOBEARODLT said:

I had a chance to BIN one at $90 about two years ago, but i just didn't have cash on hand that week, and i dont like to dip into savings or credit cards.

yeah i understand, and these cards are VERY nice in person i must say

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
rdg00001 said:
Sweet card - love that set! I actually tried to build the master set from 06 topps Chrome back when it came out - still have the complete base and refractor sets with autos, as well as about 80% of the black ref set w/autos and 2/3 of the reds as well (with 21 of the autos!). I've got a ton of blue refractors and xfractors in boxes as well. Maybe some day I will finish them!

Did you ever pick up the Hanley and Josh Johnson? How about the Kinsler? Any other biggies in that set?

Mudcatsfan said:

I would greatly appreciate it, gracias!

KOBEARODLT said:
Mudcatsfan said:
KOBEARODLT said:

thanks!

tramers said:

Very interesting, where is that card from?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mudcatsfan said:
rdg00001 said:

Did you ever pick up the Hanley and Josh Johnson? How about the Kinsler? Any other biggies in that set?

Mudcatsfan said:

I would greatly appreciate it, gracias!

KOBEARODLT said:
Mudcatsfan said:
KOBEARODLT said:

thanks!

tramers said:

Very interesting, where is that card from?

Hanley is from Disabled American Veterans. I just picked up the '05 Michael Young w/Kinsler & someone else, still in the unopened pack :D

And I wish the JJ Black's would come down :(. Only have 4 of them:

2006ToppsChromeBlackRefractorAutogr.jpg

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Nice!
2006-206.jpg2006-207.jpg2006-208.jpg2006-209.jpg

I was actually lucky enough to find an excellent steal on a JJ red too.

The card Tramers posted is the Disabled Veterans set. I believe they are SGAs, but are somewhat tricky to find. I only own one of the 3 or 4 different Hanley's produced.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Mudcatsfan said:
KOBEARODLT said:

Very smart and sweet card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts