Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a FB equivalent to UD Young Guns in Hockey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
For about the last decade, UD Hockey has "short printed" as part of their base hockey set a subset called
"Young Guns" which contains pretty much (between series one and two) all that seasons top rookie crop's
"Rookie Cards"

The cards are not autographed or serial numbered, there are no jerseys or patches on the cards.
Year in and year out, they do EXTREMELY well on the secondary market.

To me, this is an amazing thing. in todays market of auto'd/patched up like mad RC's, these good 'ol
base cards do very well.

Needless to say, im a huge fan of these cards throughout the years.

I was wondering if there is such a sub set in existence for Football Rookie Cards?

Thanks,
eric

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
The Ultra Lucky 13s are about the closest thing I can think of that would compare to the Young Guns, although they don't even really come close to the YG popularity. It is pretty amazing to see a auto-less, patch-less card sell as well as those do.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'll echo what was already said, there isn't anything close to it. It really is amazing how much YG's go for considering there's not an auto or jersey on it.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Baseball has its Bowman products
Hockey has its Young Guns

Football gets shafted an everything needs an auto/patch to be collectible

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
tribefan2427 said:
Probably the closest thing would be Contenders RC auto or SPA patch autos.

They're close in the demand in which they're collected. However, they're not close in the Contenders and SPA have autos and patches, which is what I think the OP was alluding to - highly sought after cards that do not have autos or patches.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
As others said - nothing really close.

I still get the multi-sport Beckett and when I see those I am also amazed how valuable those Hockey cards seem to be. Also the ICE RC's - I know they are ultra-short printed, but again you don't really see that kind of value in other sports with a non auto rc.

If i had to make a comparison - I actually think it would be the Topps Chrome Refractor parallels.....those are highly collected rc's without an auto, but you have to get to the very rare variations before you get to the same value as the hockey.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I thought about this last night and have nothing for the last few years but in 03-05 I think? They made upper deck limited for the top rookies and I always thought those sold well but not as well as the young guns still

Members online

Latest posts