Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Clairemont Sports Cards - inventory question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I know a few of you are from San Diego... had a quick question about Clairemont Sports Cards... Do they carry cheap junk wax boxes? Know of any other SD area shops that do (besides ASC)?

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
I havent been there in awhile, but Im pretty sure they did. Csc is a great store, very reasonable and super chill guys. definitely my favorite shop in SD. there are a few other shops but Clairemont is the best

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Unfortunately, I'm never really in the area... hard to justify a trip out there when I work about 3 miles from ASC in Santee.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I enjoy it. TONS of old wax... lots of individual packs from the past 10 years... all secure behind a shelf (I've pulled lots of nice stuff from individual packs)... Box prices are OK, but they tend to be a bit high (but what brick-and-mortar ISN'T?). Reasonable pack prices, great pricing/stock on supplies, and they get product quickly, usually on release day. It's run by a guy and his daughter, both are friendly and knowledgeable, and they're very non-intrusive when shopping. No in-your-face sales pitches, ya know? They're happy to leave you alone or engage in conversation, whatever your style is. I try to go there a couple times a month, and even though I'm nowhere near their biggest spending (I rarely spend more than $30 at a time!), I'm still treated like one.

It's surprisingly big, too, lots of selection from all sports (and non-sports, too).

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
That sounds awesome man, im going to have to check this store out very soon. Its hard to find good shops these days, most are either closed or have crabby owners but its nice to walk in a store and buy boxes/packs instead of waiting for an online order haha

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Likewise with CSC. I play in the SD Adult baseball league, so perhaps the next time we're scheduled to be up north i'll swing by. But yeah, ASC definitely qualifies as "good".

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
They really don't have much old stuff if any but it's still my favorite shop. If you're looking for older stuff try Centre City Sportscards in downtown. They are at 6th Ave & Broadway. I usually go there when I need a break from work (I work a few blocks away) but Claremont is my usual shop. I still need to make it out to Santee one of these days....

Members online