Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire auto ball question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Hey all,
Looking for some expert opinions.
What would be a fair price for the ball below? Sorry for the small pic but it's all I have.

bigmac.jpg

It comes with a PSA/ DNA COA and looks pretty good to my novice eye.
Thanks!

the ball looks legit to me. Signed McGwire balls now go for 100-200. There is no set price. Depending on the kind of ball. A 98 All star ball , or a ball with a rare inscription might command more. Maybe even a NL might go for above average. But for a OMLB ball, 100-200 is the range.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Big Mac McGwire said:
the ball looks legit to me. Signed McGwire balls now go for 100-200. There is no set price. Depending on the kind of ball. A 98 All star ball , or a ball with a rare inscription might command more. Maybe even a NL might go for above average. But for a OMLB ball, 100-200 is the range.

Perfect thanks! Ebay prices seemed to be all over the page so I wasn't sure what I could do for a fair price. I really apprecaite it!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
It's real and I see it on the Bay as well. $149 isn't bad. One thing to remember, for a long time PSA/DNA as well as JSA were charging $75 woth full LOA to authenticate anything of McGwire. That would equate with this one for sure as the LOA was signed by Spence before he left them to go off on his own. They've both since lowered they're fees for McGwire,(to I believe $50 with full LOA) but I don't think your going to see a LOT of sellers willing too go much lower for this reason.

Having said that, I would personally pass on this one as much of the bottom part of the "G" in McGwire goes right into the stitching and didn't make it on the ball. You can find lots of signed Mac baseballs that include his entire signature without part of the graph being skipped.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Randy Shields said:
It's real and I see it on the Bay as well. $149 isn't bad. One thing to remember, for a long time PSA/DNA as well as JSA were charging $75 woth full LOA to authenticate anything of McGwire. That would equate with this one for sure as the LOA was signed by Spence before he left them to go off on his own. They've both since lowered they're fees for McGwire,(to I believe $50 with full LOA) but I don't think your going to see a LOT of sellers willing too go much lower for this reason.

Having said that, I would personally pass on this one as much of the bottom part of the "G" in McGwire goes right into the stitching and didn't make it on the ball. You can find lots of signed Mac baseballs that include his entire signature without part of the graph being skipped.

Thanks Randy, i appreciate your expertise as well.
The ball is at my LCS and i know that guys who is consigning it and he's giving me an even better price than what it's listed for on Ebay. I just wan't sure if it was a good deal or not. Seemed liek one but I wanted to make sure. I appreciate the offer you sent me via PM very much but I think I'll get that one at the shop since the seller is a great guy and I'd like to help him out. I don't really even mind that part of the sig being a little incomplete. it's still pretty sweet.
Once again, thanks to everyone for the insight!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts