Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Need your guys help. Scammer (chair)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
So my girlfriends chair ends last night for $2,600+ and I get home today to a big mess. Someone else has used her images and description to try and scam someone. Please report this item (<----- Click here) and get it removed. I've reported it to Ebay ,but I assume the more the better. Its impossible to get on the phone with Ebay. I would really appreciate it. The biggest problem is that the buyer of her chair is trying to cancel the transactions because they think we are trying to scam them. What a mess.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: Need your guys help. Scammer (chair)

Take a pic of the chair with your user name on a piece of paper to try to ease your buyers mind. Place the paper on the chair and take the pic. I'll contact ebay and let them know about this situation.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Need your guys help. Scammer (chair)

IndyMann said:
Take a pic of the chair with your user name on a piece of paper to try to ease your buyers mind. Place the paper on the chair and take the pic. I'll contact ebay and let them know about this situation.

Thanks. The poor buyer of her item doesn't know what to think. I understand where he's coming from...such a headache.

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
reported - hope it helps.

I agree with indymann - send a picture to the buyer with your user name on a piece of paper in the chair. Put something current like today's paper in the picture too. Good luck - hope the sale goes thru.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I will definitely report this if it's still up for auction when my mom gets home..I'll sign into her ebay and report it for you.
Good luck, hope all turns out okay.

Anthony

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Don't take this as me preaching or being too direct, but this is exactly why I've mentioned to others to somehow watermark their images. Every one of my listings has my user id in there somehow, via simple Photoshop watermark or actually putting my username on an index card and taking a pic that way. I know not everyone has the time, but it can save headaches like this in the future.

For the record, reported the as well. Good luck.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I just sent this question to him.

"Can you show me that you own the chair before I bid on it? I thought I saw this chair some where else not long ago. Thanks and lmk."

Wonder what he'll come back with if anything at all, lol. Best of luck to ya AKA.

Art

Members online

Latest posts