Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Castro- Ebay Buyer's Remorse Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
I have a question for the boards and the more experienced Ebay members. I sold a lot of 2009 Bowman Chrome Starlin's last week. I packaged them extremely well and sent priority mail. They were delivered yesterday as my delivery confirmation shows. In my auction it states "no returns accepted."
Today I get a message on Ebay from the buyer stating that he wants my address because he is returning the cards. I know he has buyer's remorse because he paid $220 for a lot of 10 cards. These were my best ten Castro's with perfect centering. Should I be worried about this if he files a claim? I believe I did everything right through ebay and paypal. I have pictures of the cards which were also included in the auction. Basically, my question is does he have any case at all in this situation considering I have proof of delivery and I don't accept returns? Thanks for your time and expertise,

Jim

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
You are most likely going to lose the case if he files a claim with paypal. If the buyer wants to be a jerk all he has to do is state the items were not as described....ding a few corners and you are not only out the gain on selling when the market was hot but you have damaged cards.

Tread lightly and see if you can convince him to keep the cards....reference your no return policy.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
What was his reason for returning the cards?

Also what is his ebay ID?

His ebay ID is

He gave no reason for wanting to return the cards. I packaged them so securely that nothing could be wrong with them, but I'm sure he'll say they were damaged.

Jim

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
You do not have to accept a return based on your listing terms.

If he decides to force a chargeback however, from my understanding of Paypal's terms, if you have DC, you are covered under Paypal Seller Protection if he files an "item not received" claim, and you are covered for "item significantly not as described" IF his shipping address was confirmed. If his shipping address was unconfirmed, and he files for significantly not as described, then you will automatically lose the case.

Under any scenario, he can still leave a negative on ebay as well.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I would remind him you do not have a return policy but ask why he wants to return them?

tedwilliamsfan said:
Huffamaniac said:
What was his reason for returning the cards?

Also what is his ebay ID?

His ebay ID is "sullivan_auto"

He gave no reason for wanting to return the cards. I packaged them so securely that nothing could be wrong with them, but I'm sure he'll say they were damaged.

Jim

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
cmnkb8 said:

If he decides to force a chargeback however, from my understanding of Paypal's terms, if you have DC, you are covered under Paypal Seller Protection if he files an "item not received" claim, and you are covered for "item significantly not as described" IF his shipping address was confirmed. If his shipping address was unconfirmed, and he files for significantly not as described, then you will automatically lose the case.

His shipping address was confirmed. Thanks for the responses.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
tedwilliamsfan said:
cmnkb8 said:

His shipping address was confirmed. Thanks for the responses.

I think you need to get some more facts before you ask the question. Without knowing why he is returning, its very difficult to help you...

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
cmnkb8 said:

It is difficult for a seller to win a SNAD case regardless of whether or not the address is confirmed or not. Further, the buyer would not even need to go through Paypal as eBay has a separate buyer protection platform available. A buyer can choose one platform or the other but not both.

No return policies are borderline useless on eBay. They only serve to discourage returns but cannot effectively eliminate them. I bought a Jeter Topps Gold rookie several weeks ago that was in ugly shape when I got it in the mail. The seller did not state a card condition but did state "no returns". I shipped the card back to him with DC anyway and then proceeded to open a case through eBay. The seller responded the auction stated "all sales final" and I quickly responded "the feedback I left is also final". I'm fairly comfortable stating I will get my money back through eBay. SNAD claims exist to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers like this azzclown. They were not meant to address buyers remorse but in my experience you are better off simply refunding the occasional headache rather than getting heartburn and losing in the end anyway. If your Castro cards are as nice as you stated then you should consider grading them. You might make even more in the end. Further, it is more difficult to argue SNAD when your item is authenticated/graded by a respected third party.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
js0000001 said:
wasn't you address on the package you shipped him?

Ask him "what his problem is?"

I have no idea what his problem is. I guess I'll just wait this one out and see what happens. However, I did notice he bought some more Starlin's the day after he bought mine for a lower price.

Jim

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
at least u were paid. still waiting for final castro lot payment of 4 chrome 75.00 dollars. new chrome base don't help.

Members online

Latest posts