Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone doing a group break of 2010 sweet spot football?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Here is some ideas I came up with.

Could do the standard 16 slots with nfl teams. Pick 1, random 1.

Could do colleges 10 slots. Pick 1, random draft order for 2nd. All remaining hits to be randomized or drafted

Could randomize all hits some how.

What do you guys think?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ryo1549 said:

Could do colleges 10 slots. Pick 1, random draft order for 2nd. All remaining hits to be randomized or drafted

What do you guys think?
I may actually go into a break for once. Is there a release date and MSRP yet?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I think we would have enough people who collect colleges to go at it the college route. Once the initial checklist comes out, it will probably be easier to gauge who is interested. It's easy for me to sit here thinking I want in with the Iowa slot, in hopes that UD will put Clark, Greene and Sanders in. But if they aren't included, I would probably have to rethink things. I'm not saying that my thinking should shape anything at all, I'm just giving an example on how volatile the checklist could make interest in a case break.

Off the top of my head, I know we have collectors of Iowa, USC, Purdue, Texas Tech, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Miami, and I believe Tennessee and Oregon. I'm sure if a case break was proposed, we could easily find fans of Florida, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas, Ohio State, and Michigan who would be interested as well. Hell, I'd buy a second slot to get some Michigan guys.

Wish they'd put out that checklist already...

luckyrollers

Jan 9, 2009
Ryo1549 said:

What do you guys think?

How about just do a stadard 16 slot? First hit gets the 1st spot?
Or once you have enough people for the case, radom them depending on how many slots they have.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
put me down for USC....I say we do the break college style...we've already got half of the slots accounted for with the people requesting college teams.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
Slette- Iowa
CardMagnet- The U
HookEmHorns- Texas
deceptikon1978- ND
RITM- Tennessee
the1mcjensen- Florida
Ryo1549- Texas Tech??? (wasn't sure if you wanted a slot Nate....thought you'd want to wait to see a checklist)
KingTrojan43- USC

that's 7...possibly 8 slots right there....if you want to do a 10 person break Nate...I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem filling the last 2-3 spots.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I don't see Oklahoma or Nebraska claimed either. I think if we did a ten-person, there would be lots of nice options available for a second round of team pickings too. Heck, I might be tempted to buy a second slot for Nebraska depending if they get some of the older Huskers in there.

Members online

Latest posts