Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about PayPal/eBay fees..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Is there a way to have ebay hold back X amount of dollars back for their fees. they are really double dipping on how they charge us.

For example:

I sold my blue Heyward Chrome Auto for $219.99

ebay fee: $16.20

I receive $219.99 from buyer

PayPal charges $6.20 on the full amount, even though I have to pay ebay from that amount.

Why can't ebay just hold back $ for the fees they are owed, that way it would reduce the amount I am charged on PayPal.

I know this is probably a small amount but, if you are selling a lot it can be a decent amount.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Ebay owns Paypal. The reason they don't hold back ebay fees before calculating the paypal fees is exactly what you stated...it will SAVE YOU money, but COST THEM money. They're going to nickel and dime you any way they can...

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Paypal may be owned by Ebay, but they are still two separate entities that perform two different functions and are used for two different reasons, and charge you for two different things. Was this a concern for you prior to Ebay purchasing Paypal? Or is the issue now that because Ebay OWNS them, they shouldn't charge you?

Either way, at the end of the day, you're paying Ebay fees to use their services in listing and selling your item. You're paying Paypal fees to complete the money portion of the transaction...two different functions. They're not double dipping at all.

Members online

Latest posts