Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How high will they go?? 2010 Bowman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Blowout - Hobby - $1030
Jumbo - $1390

Atl - Hobby -
Jumbo - $1250

D&A - Hobby - 88 a box = 1065
Jumbo - 175 a box = 1400

bmc398

May 25, 2009
All In Cards said:
Blowout - Hobby - $1030
Jumbo - $1390

Atl - Hobby -
Jumbo - $1250

D&A - Hobby - 88 a box = 1065
Jumbo - 175 a box = 1400
I have a hard time believing that people are happy to bust in to these at those prices.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
excel_B said:
Prices will go down eventually...
Its a good thought, but I can see the market stalling on this one maybe...

These mega distributors rebought at a much much higher price at the height of the hype and are selling for a price that they can't be moving as much of it as they want to. Then, they are in it so high that they won't be able to come down enough to meet market without taking a big hit. Thats how I see it. Shoot, they could be selling them like hot cakes at $175.

I feel that $140 is a fair Jumbo cost right now with hype, demand, etc...

Anything more than that is nuts on a box that was like $70 at most straight from Topps.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bmc398 said:
excel_B said:

These mega distributors rebought at a much much higher price at the height of the hype and are selling for a price that they can't be moving as much of it as they want to. Then, they are in it so high that they won't be able to come down enough to meet market without taking a big hit. Thats how I see it. Shoot, they could be selling them like hot cakes at $175.

Anything more than that is nuts on a box that was like $70 at most straight from Topps.

bolded is not true

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
bmc398 said:
excel_B said:

Jumbo's are like $82 straight from topps + they charge shipping per case to send them to the shops. Hobby was like $48 per box direct + shipping.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
With all the single pricing dropping why would people wanna buy in at those prices. It don't make sense.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
jcmint said:
With all the single pricing dropping why would people wanna buy in at those prices. It don't make sense.
It makes zero sense...but I doubt that many members of this board and people of like mindset will be buying in at $175ish.

I think a lot of it has to do with the uneducated masses thinking a Stras auto is a lot more prevalent than it is along with a lot of wanna be prospectors hopping in because they hear this is a good prospect break.

If they didn't buy in at a much higher price, all they are doing is inflating the market, and its not artificial if fools are buying.

But I agree, this has to go down.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
AND think how many of the BIG cards have been pulled already! I would say that half of the top 30 cards in the set have been pulled already. AND 3 of the top 5 are goners also.

skrip

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I think it holds value for quite some time especially for jumbos the product is pretty loaded I will be sitting on my 2 jumbo cases when they come in

bmc398

May 25, 2009
ballerskrip said:
AND think how many of the BIG cards have been pulled already! I would say that half of the top 30 cards in the set have been pulled already. AND 3 of the top 5 are goners also.

skrip
But the casual rippers don't know that, even tho a quick ebay search will show it.

Like most things that are hyped, baseball cards or not, the money some people will pay just simply defies logic.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I kept waiting for '09 BDP to drop in price too so I could pick up a case. Never happened and I never got a case. First bowman product in quite awhile that I didn't get one.

2010 Topps Jumbos as well.

Now, these 2010 Bowman prices are way higher than those products so there should be some falling back to Earth.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
craftysouthpaw said:
I kept waiting for '09 BDP to drop in price too so I could pick up a case. Never happened and I never got a case. First bowman product in quite awhile that I didn't get one.

2010 Topps Jumbos as well.

Now, these 2010 Bowman prices are way higher than those products so there should be some falling back to Earth.
There's got to be....

People aren't going to pay $1400 for a case when they initially bought in for $750. Especially when single prices aren't getting the bump that wax is.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I wonder if boxes are still moving well at all at these jacked up prices? or is supply gotten so low, dealers have made their money and now just have a little inventory left. So if it sells it sells or they can just sit on it.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I wonder if boxes are still moving well at all at these jacked up prices? or is supply gotten so low, dealers have made their money and now just have a little inventory left. So if it sells it sells or they can just sit on it.

I dunno. I figured too it would be a tough sell at $175, but I noticed that price a couple days ago on Blowout and today it's back to "e-mail about availability". So either their holding product back (which I find hard to believe with the current demand and price) or it looks like they went through whatever they had in stock again even at that outrageous price.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
What percent of the product has been broken now? I think that since we have less to choose from, people are more willing to buy and open any product because all of it is drying out in general.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
The 2010 options are slim:

Cliche vs Bowman. Not even close. BEcause of the limited amount of product available the prices will hold, but I have now began to go single. I got in early, had my fun, pulled some good cards, moved the stras & harper stuff and now back to prospect mode.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Went down to Cooperstown yesterday and was floored by the bowman jumbo prices. 20 for a pack, 210 for a jumbo box, laughed and said good luck selling those.

Members online