Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone tryin to grade their Strasburg Bowman Autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I pulled one today from a loose jumbo box. It looks pretty damn good, with a 75%+ chance of grading out.

Or are you selling ASAP with the thought that prices will dip?

Worth the time risk?

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
chashawk said:
From the ones I've seen pulled, it looks as though 9.5s might garner a premium.

that is my thought also....

My other thought is that in three weeks, he might hit the bigs so their won't be a dip in pricing. But, that is just speculation on my part.

skrip

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Matt, I actually talked to Gilmo on the phone about this earlier today.

I think we concurred that being as there are no other known autos coming out (at least yet, I'm sure they will) grading and flipping could be a good possibility.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
If you think it would gem I would send it in with the 2 or 5 day service. You may even double the price as a gem if yours is the first gem on ebay. Send it in!

abt3509

May 4, 2010
I don't think there will be much of a dip in the price for the next few weeks. Should give you time to get it graded. But would only do it if you think it will yield a 9.5...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
The more I look closely, the more I am not sure if it will gem out. It has one soft corner. The rest of the card is VERY nice. perfect surface, edges are great, etc....

I think I am going to give it a shot, why not. Thanks for all of the opinions

skrip

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
If it will gold, do the two day turnaround for sure, isn't that only $50?

If it will not gold, then don't bother slabbing it. The clientele for this
Card has no interest in silver

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jjj7880 said:
If you think it would gem I would send it in with the 2 or 5 day service. You may even double the price as a gem if yours is the first gem on ebay. Send it in!

My thoughts as well.

Only send it if you think it has a great chance to gem because as others have said, a 9 will almost certainly not bring a premium of any sort to a prospect card from this year.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
With quick turnaround I think you have nothing to lose. First gem will fetch a TON. And while I haven't seen any in person, I feel like this will be a condition-sensitive card. Much like the 01 Pujols SPx, I think a 9 with 10 auto may still end up getting more than raw.

Members online