Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

buyers remorse heyward edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I sold a donruss elite heyward auto for 150 on ebay a few weeks back. the guy never paid until recently. He sent me a message saying he recieved my card but wants a refund because it has dinged corners and doesnt match the description.

Heres is the description I wrote

You are bidding on a 2007 donruss elite auto of future atlanta braves star Jason heyward. Heyward was named the braves starting Opening day OF. Good luck and bid with confidence

Is there any way he can win because clearly i didnt say anything about condition.

His username is 928burnandturn25 may want to block him

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Well you should mention it if there are dinged corners. Full disclosure is generally the way to avoid these situations.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
they were defnalty not dinged up but not a 9.5 I sold the card like may 1st and he never paid till may 10th I should of just moved on to avoid this

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that buyers can bend sellers over whenever they feel like it and the general consensus is "offer a full refund". F-that. If I were in your situation, and a clear scan of the card was available, I would tell the buyer to go f himself in the nicest possible way.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Jays_Cards said:
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that buyers can bend sellers over whenever they feel like it and the general consensus is "offer a full refund". F-that. If I were in your situation, and a clear scan of the card was available, I would tell the buyer to go f himself in the nicest possible way.

haha I agree 100% not my fault you bought during the hype which is more BS is that paypal sides with these schmucks

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
If in the auction you chose the option "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED" then you dont have to do anything.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I had to deal with buyers remorse on a lot of 4 Heyward bc rc for $75.00. The worse thing is the cards have gone done in value since the release of another chrome base card. That was DUMB by topps.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Too many buyers "troll" for ungraded rc's and buy them. When they get them, they examine them upclose. If they think its a 9.5 they keep it. If not, they tap the corners on a table and contact they seller for a refund. :evil:

Let's be realistic for a second here.....no one "trolls" for a donruss elite that is for damn sure.

How many buyer's have you had experience with your comment above?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
EricInCT said:
Too many buyers "troll" for ungraded rc's and buy them. When they get them, they examine them upclose. If they think its a 9.5 they keep it. If not, they tap the corners on a table and contact they seller for a refund. :evil:

Let's be realistic for a second here.....no one "trolls" for a donruss elite that is for damn sure.

I grade elites all the time

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
It seems there are a lot of "buyers remorse" threads that kick around here. Has anyone considered that the cards were actually over graded or just looked better in the sellers eyes? Not the card that this thread is about obviously as there is no description but about others.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
cjb9421 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
cjb9421 said:
If in the auction you chose the option "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED" then you dont have to do anything.

7 Day Money Back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320522524223

Damn...looks like he has no choice...In my auctions I never accept returns.

He wouldn't have a choice anyway. Paypal doesn't care what the seller's return policy is. If the buyer is upset for any reason...any reason, they can file a claim and they will win. That's the risk of dealing with gaypal.

bballcardkid said:
cjb9421 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
cjb9421 said:

7 Day Money Back

He wouldn't have a choice anyway. Paypal doesn't care what the seller's return policy is. If the buyer is upset for any reason...any reason, they can file a claim and they will win. That's the risk of dealing with gaypal.

this is correct!

that is why you make sure partial refund is not an option in this case and issue a full refund after return of card. you can get your card back and not lose the money plus the card. its quite sad that the selling force for ebay makes them their money yet they do zero to protect them. mark it up as a lesson learned resell the card and move forward.

make sure the buyer uses dc...

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
bballcardkid said:
cjb9421 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
cjb9421 said:

7 Day Money Back

this is correct!

that is why you make sure partial refund is not an option in this case and issue a full refund after return of card. you can get your card back and not lose the money plus the card. its quite sad that the selling force for ebay makes them their money yet they do zero to protect them. mark it up as a lesson learned resell the card and move forward.

make sure the buyer uses dc...

Why? If the buyer doesn't use DC he can say he never got the card back & won't have to give the refund... :twisted: :lol: (j/k by the way)

EricInCT said:

Sounds like it hit a nerve.....
Troll :lol:

Members online

No members online now.