Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sprtsbuy.com / Naxcom sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
For me...Here's why, the sellers are clueless and sportsbuy's customer service and policies are horrible. The cases aren't baseball related, but felt it would get more exposure here and let people know to be careful with this site.

Unfortunately, Sportsbuy, like Beckett's Marketplace, etc all do serve a purpose for my collection as there are always a "need" or a "want" on the site from time to time. I'm member 5193 which means I joined a LONG time ago. And in that time, I've had so many issues with them.

In the last month, I made 4 purchases after going 6 months without visiting their site. One transaction was finished ******. The other 3, all disasters! All three cards "meant" something to me Jersey # card, jersey # card and rare quad auto.

Problem Case #1:
Bought on 4/13: 1997 Collector's Edge Masters Night Games Prisms #19 Mark Brunell (Serial #8/250 - his Jersey # with the Jaguars)

Seller emails me several days later and states I'll send when I get back from my trip on the 18th. I was happy with the communication and left it at that. I had forgotten this purchase until 5/6 when I filed a dispute for Problem Case #2 (below). Just like #2, the card had not arrived and a refund was issued in the form of a credit to sportsbuy.com

Problem Case #2:

Bought on 4/19: 1999 Pacific Paramount Premiere Date #108 Mark Brunell (Serial #11/62 - his jersey # with the Saints)

Emailed seller on 4/29 and he finally updates it as "sent" on 4/30. However, due to the policy of sportsbuy, I may be SOL if I do not file a dispute by the 12th day which I did not. I did file a dispute on 5/6, 16 days after the purhase and voila got the card on 5/8 with a postmarked endicia stamp on 5/6...what kind of BS is that?

Problem Case #3: Sportsbuy allows buyers to list their want items with prices that are willing to pay. I have a total of $5772 in my current buy listings. To this date, sellers have executed 5 items from the list and all 5 have ended up as refunds because the wrong card was sent or the card mysterious never arrived.

Case #3 is no different. A seller executed this card on my buy list on 5/4 (which happened to trigger my memory of Case #2 and then case #1):
2004 Ultimate Collection Signature Quads Peyton Manning / Donovan Mcnabb / Byron Leftwich / Mark Brunell (Autographed - Serial #/5) at $225 plus an outrageous $8.60 for shipping!

Immediately upon receiving a sportsbuy confirmation, I checked to see what I bought. It was marked shipped on 5/4 and the seller listed a USPS tracking #. I checked the tracking # the next day, only to find out it was one digit short and I emailed the seller to get the the correct #. He replied - we'll do. We'll do became I'm sorry I got the numbers mixed up and it was the insurance # of which I paid for $300 so don't worry he said (except insurance numbers are vastly different from delivery confirmation #) and I'll mail out by the weekend. I said great but can I have insurance #...no reply. I patiently waited everyday for my mail as this card was a white whale of my at one point. Following the sportsbuy policy this time, I opened a dispute on the 10th day when it didn't arrive with mail that day. The sellers response to the dispute, was I though you got it since I didn't hear from you....and then the seller agreed to my dispute and a refund was credited to my sportsbuy cash account.

If you sent a $225 with insurance would you agree to the dispute that fast?!? In other words, the seller didn't have said card. UGH!
---
As for sportsbuy, emails concerning my transactions to the customer service and dispute addresses resulted in ZERO replies. Lastly, if I buy (or the seller executes) an item and I use a credit card, why isn't my credit card debited when the transaction fails?
---
Am I out of line in saying sportsbuy.com sucks?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You aren't completely out of line as you've had a bad string of experiences which will mark your personal opinion of a site.

That said, you are somewhat blaming a website for its members. Is it eBay's fault that someone doesn't send me an auction I win?

They have a set of rules and you didn't abide by them (filing a dispute too late), which isn't their fault. It's your fault.

Finally, if you can't get a response from CS why didn't you call them? 310-645-4046. Took about three minutes to find on the website.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Well if U do get back your $$, than negative the seller. Call customer service and rant your situation and hope eventually they learn that is not good business.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
I had a problem with a card I ordered on Naxcom and was told by customer service to take care of it myself, so I went to Paypal and filed a dispute on the payment to Naxcom and was issued a refund.

Members online