Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay pickup tonight- T206 Walter "Big Train" Johnson...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
Nice card, it presents well. Plus, the Sovereign back makes it a more desirable card I believe. I'm no expert on T-206's on prices though, would have to do a little research on other completed sales to get something concrete to compare it with.

The most important thing is that you are happy with the purchase.

RC

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Great card!!! I'd say you did very well for the price. The card has great eye appeal for a 2, and, as RC said, the Sov 350 back commands a premium over the more common backs. Congrats!

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Thanks for the insight. I honestly didn't know the back was that rare. I am used to the Piedmont backs and this looked as I thought "a little wierd"...lol

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
JEBJJA said:
I honestly didn't know the back was that rare. I am used to the Piedmont backs and this looked as I thought "a little wierd"...lol

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely rare,) I would rate Sov 350 a 3. Basic Piedmonts and Sweet Caps first (no overprints or Fact. 42 variations,) followed by Polar Bear, then Sov 150 and 350. Sov 460 backs are tough.

Do you plan on picking up his portrait card (or any other cards from the set?)

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
jay1065 said:
JEBJJA said:
I honestly didn't know the back was that rare. I am used to the Piedmont backs and this looked as I thought "a little wierd"...lol

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely rare,) I would rate Sov 350 a 3. Basic Piedmonts and Sweet Caps first (no overprints or Fact. 42 variations,) followed by Polar Bear, then Sov 150 and 350. Sov 460 backs are tough.

Do you plan on picking up his portrait card (or any other cards from the set?)

I am not really sure because I am going after three more Ruth cards if I can get my paypal back up which will take a long time....I have the '33 Goudey Yellow (swinging) and green (portrait) pose cards. Need the Red, swinging full body, and the Sport Kings.

Members online

Latest posts