Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GREAT SF show pickups - 09 ultimate jumbo patch fans a MUST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Went to the cow palace show in the city today and had a blast. Watched striderboi get some incredible steals on some 2010 bowman (see his post) from a guy who cracked almost 2 jumbo cases, which was entertaining on it's own. He pulled a Castro orange auto, Castro gold auto, Perez gold auto, 2 blue Neal autos, 2 blue stras chromes, but no stras autos, no reds, and a plate of a scrub.

Arrived to the show to witness some crazy action immediately. 3 guys pack warred a case of 2009 ultimate - one of the best breaks i've ever seen. Hits witnessed: A Ripken auto/8 (who happened to be signing at the show, and yes, he was twice the man he used to be, Charles Barkley style), quad yankee auto/10 of joba, jeter, ****, and dent, ozzie triple patch auto/20, derek jeter bat barrell auto/50, and 3 incredible jumbo patches- Peralta (pulled by striderboi), a sick chris carpenter (Cardinals leg), and a third one I bought off the guy on the spot (see below).

I picked this up from the guy along with the jumbo patch:

chrtimmybgs.jpg

congrats to timmy on the win today!

The last card I expected to find at the show and had to pick up. It was inserted into 2008 ultimate football and is rumored to be SP/5:

ultimatetiger.jpg

Browsed around for wax prices and was shocked that 2010 Bowman jumbos SOLD OUT at the show for $180 a box. 2010 Bowman hobby was a steady mover at $75 a box, and by the end of the show was up to $85.

Other wax prices:
2009 bowman draft $79
2009 bowman chrome $57
2008 bowman chrome $48
2007 bowman chrome $75

Still shocked that the absolute hottest product was the 2010 bowman jumbos. Dealers couldn't keep it in stock at $180.

Stras and Harper chromes moved swiftly at $20-$25 per, and most hotter 2010 chrome autos sold for between $15-$30.

I packed warred a couple boxes of 2010 bowman for the kicks, got two stras chromes, but didn't pull anyone else of significance, lost out on brett jackson and iglesias chrome refractor autos and a harper chrome.

Instead of forking over $180 for the jumbos, and being bowmaned-out of 2010 bowman hobby boxes for now, I opted to pick up a bgs 9 of this feller for not much more than a box of jumbos:

longoref.jpg

There was only one Stras bowman auto at the entire show, which striderboi picked up.

Now back to my ultimate jumbo patch pick up. Talk about being at the right place at the right time (and having the right amount of cash in the wallet :D ). Amazed at the case break, but fell in love with this one, I didn't think I'd ever see it surface, and it was right in front of me for the taking. I thought about how I hesitated on a 2005 artifacts Brett button/logo patch 1/1 auto at the sacramento show for $300 several months back, so I didn't have any second thoughts on this one.

Paid a hefty fee, but worth every penny:

ulttball.jpg
Number 9/22 has finally surfaced, and arguably one of the best hits in the entire product (despite not being autographed) Enjoy!!!!! :D :D :D

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
Very nice...i was sooo tempted to buy that case when Greg brought it over...I knew i should of. But very happy that card went to a collector. BTW who had that Tiger auto?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
striderboi said:
Very nice...i was sooo tempted to buy that case when Greg brought it over...I knew i should of. But very happy that card went to a collector. BTW who had that Tiger auto?

The old guy and younger guy set up in the aisle behind your table and to the left - they had some high end hockey and jordans as well. It was hidden in his briefcase.

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
brouthercard said:
striderboi said:

The old guy and younger guy set up in the aisle behind your table and to the left - they had some high end hockey and jordans as well. It was hidden in his briefcase.

I dont even want to guess what you paid...1.5 x what you paid for the williams and lincecum?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
striderboi said:
brouthercard said:
striderboi said:

I dont even want to guess what you paid...1.5 x what you paid for the williams and lincecum?

You're right, you don't want to guess.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I think you did okay.. Picking up a has been golfer, a old piece of cloth, and some cards of some young punks..

j/k..

by the way, I know what you mean about the Ultimate Teddy..

tw-big.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
^^^^^ Is that just the scan that makes your Teddy so "bright" looking? Brouthercard's Teddy patch looks so "vintage" compared to yours.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Pinbreaker said:
I think you did okay.. Picking up a has been golfer, a old piece of cloth, and some cards of some young punks..

j/k..

tw-big.jpg

Sweet scan of a sweet card!

It looks as if the patches on our teddys are from different jersey sources- yours is on a white jersey base with a cleaner patch, and mines is on a gray base jersey with a fuzzier patch. I don't know what to make of it- leave it to UD to keep everything vague.......do we sound like a bunch of females comparing our lingerie? :lol: :lol:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
brouthercard said:
Pinbreaker said:

j/k..

tw-big.jpg

Sweet scan of a sweet card!

It looks as if the patches on our teddys are from different jersey sources- yours is on a white jersey base with a cleaner patch, and mines is on a gray base jersey with a fuzzier patch. I don't know what to make of it- leave it to UD to keep everything vague.......do we sound like a bunch of females comparing our lingerie? :lol: :lol:

Could be the settings on photoshop when I scan in my patches as I try and make them lighter to show more detail

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Amazing pickups, especially the ted williams. It seems like a lot of fcbers own one of them. I like how the gray jerseys have wear on the patches.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Those Williams are not even close to being from the same era. Everything is different on them. From color, to stitching to the thickness of red and blue trim ect.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Did any guys pack warring lose any of those big hits? We have a buy-back available when we pack war and lose something good. I dont want to be the guy who loses a Babe Ruth cut to a Reggie Jackson jersey because he had most letters in the last name or highest #d base card in the pack!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Those Williams are not even close to being from the same era. Everything is different on them. From color, to stitching to the thickness of red and blue trim ect.

Based upon color and stitching, I think they used one jersey from the 70's and one from the 90's. I think the OP's has more visual appeal because of it's age, but I haven't noticed much of a price difference. Everybody knows that he didn't wear either during his playing career, but it would still be nice if UD released when they were worn.

Members online