Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Fleece the Astros trades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Lance Berkman to the Rays for Jacob McGee, Andy Sonnastine, and Willy Aybar

Rays then trade Pat for something......

Roy Oswalt to the Braves for Randall Delgado, Kris Medlen, and Cody Johnson

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
How are we going to get around the MLb rule that a ptbnl and cash not be involved in the same transaction ? It has to be one or the other.

Fire360

Aug 13, 2008
US
19braves77 said:
How are we going to get around the MLb rule that a ptbnl and cash not be involved in the same transaction ? It has to be one or the other.

Let's just offer bats/equipment instead of one of the others.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
How about you throw Carlos Lee in the trade ?

If that happens, we are then going to trade Lee to the Pirates for their South Africa complex.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
They should at least attempt to retroactively trade the rights to Johan Santana.

Since my previous trade idea would gut the team of anything resembling talent, they should float a Jason Castro for Albert Pujols straight up trade with STL. The Cardinals aren't even in first place...it's obviously time for them to rebuild.

They should also try to trade JR Towles to the Oakland Raiders for their 2011 second round pick. First off, they'd make history for pulling off the first inter-sport trade. Second, it'd be amusing if Al Davis would actually agree to it

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Haha, I actually proposed an Oswalt for Medlen/Johnson/Player deal.

I think my player was Spruill, even though he's injured.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Jeff N. said:
Already happy with Lidge & Bruntlett for Bourn, Costanzo, and Geary.

How about Bobby Abreu for Kevin Stocker? :lol:

Just find someone Ed Wade still loves, like Doug Glanville or Randy Wolf, trade for that guy (or talk him out of retirement) and throw him in a deal for Oswalt.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
19braves77 said:
Lance Berkman to the Rays for Jacob McGee, Andy Sonnastine, and Willy Aybar

Rays then trade Pat for something......

Roy Oswalt to the Braves for Randall Delgado, Kris Medlen, and Cody Johnson
As much as I would love Lance, I wouldn't see us doing that. I think McGee closes for us next year and we don't need a DH now that Hank is up. I could see us getting Oswalt though since Wade would have to be the centerpiece for him. This would mean we'd need to trade Pat to the Mets or maybe SEA and then moving Roy in the off-season (moving Roy should be no problem)

I could see Wade Davis, Sonnanstine, and maybe Matt Sweeney maybe for Roy. I would also assume that we would ask HOU to handle half of Roy's remaining salary for JUST this season

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Roy Oswalt to White Sox for Gordon Beckham and Gavin Floyd.

Lance Berkman to Boston for Casey Kelly, Lars Anderson, and Yamico Navarro

Members online

Latest posts