Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts from a non collector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I bought a 1982 fleer set that I gauge would grade a 7 based off of centering for $30. I understand that I over paid for the set and if any one is interested in it let me know.

That said, the seller is contacting me for other items he has and I would like your opinion. I am sending him the link so he can get an idea of what real collectors think about what he has. Please comment on what he is offering.

Hi John,

My name is **** and you had purchased the 1982 Fleer Set from me a few weeks ago. Have you heard back on the value of the Cal Ripken Jr.?

I went through my miscellaneous cards and have found some sets that may be unique, but maybe not. What was your website? Here are the ones that I have…

Baseball Card Collection
1988 SCORE Rookie & Traded Set
1987 Boardwalk & Baseball Topps "Top Run Makers" Set of 33 cards
1986 Fleer "22 Best Sluggers vs. 22 Best Pitchers" contains 6 stickers and 44 cards / set (I Have 2 Complete Sets)
1986 Topps KAYBEE "Young Superstars of Baseball" 33 cards / set (I Have 2 Complete Sets); 1986 Topps Trades Series
1986 Topps Traded Series
1985 Topps 3-D Baseball Stars; Complete sets (2?) plus extras; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7")
1985 Donruss Action All-Stars; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7")
YEAR??? - Donruss Champions Complete set of 60; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7")
1985 Donruss Action All-Stars Complete Set of 60; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7") - I HAVE 2 of THESE SETS
1984 Donruss Action All-Stars Complete Set of 60; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7")
1984 Topps; These cards are BIG (approx. 5"x7"); The photos and layout look like the regular size cards, only bigger
1983: 11 sets of 12 cards each, "LIFE OF" series for Duke Snider, Joe DiMaggio, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Willie Mays, Warren Spahn, Hank Aaron, Johnny Mize, Yogi Berra, Bob Feller, & Juan Marichal.
1982 Kmart Topps AL & NL MVP's; 44 cards / set; I have 3 COMPLETE SETS

BOXES (would hold approx. 800 cards each)
1988 Topps
1988 Donruss
1986 Topps
1985 Topps (3 BOXES!)
1984: Mostly Topps; Some Donruss and Fleer
1978 Topps
MIXED BOX from 1986: 1986 Donruss; 1986 Fleer "22 Best Sluggers vs. 22 Best Pitchers" contains 6 stickers and 44 cards / set (I Have 2 Complete Sets); 1986 Topps KAYBEE "Young Superstars of Baseball" 33 cards / set (I Have 2 Complete Sets); 1986 Topps Traded Series.
MIXED BOX: 1983: 11 sets of 12 cards each, "LIFE OF" series for Duke Snider, Joe DiMaggio, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Willie Mays, Warren Spahn, Hank Aaron, Johnny Mize, Yogi Berra, Bob Feller, & Juan Marichal. This Mixed Box also contains: Baseball Puzzle Cards; Fleer Baseball Team Stickers; 1985 Topps Football; 1984 Topps Football
MIXED BOX: 1970's (1974's; 1977's, etc.), 1976 & 1978 Kellogg's 3D Superstars; 1977 Twinkies cards, 1982 Kmart Topps AL & NL MVP's; 44 cards / set; I have 3 COMPLETE SETS; 1977 Star Wars; some of the misc. baseball cards in this box include Ken Griffey & Pete Rose.

TOPPS STICKER YEARBOOKS
1985 - 3/4 full
1984 - 1/2 full
Empty or Mostly Empty Topps Sticker Yearbooks
1985 (I have 3 of these)
Empty Topps FOOTBALL Sticker Yearbooks

Baseball Card Binder Display Album full of plastic display sleeves

Thank you,

Jul 30, 2009
Mostly everything there is worthless...junk.

Those "boxes" look like just 800ct filled with cards, not sealed packs.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Topps could buy the lot and insert them into next years product...

Cards Your Mother Should Have Thrown Out

And for you non-collectors, this year Topps has an insert set called "Card Your Mother Threw Out"... see?

:lol:

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
As others have already said - looks like all stuff from the dreaded over-production era. Everyone bought the stuff and kept it mint, thinking someday it would be worth something, but since they printed hundreds of thousands if not millions, the stuff is easy to find now due to the internet and pretty much worth pennies on the dollar.

I will say personally though that list does bring back memories.

Most of that stuff is from when I was like 4-7 years old. Looking at the list reminds me of the first time my father brought me to a hobby shop and looking at and wanting all those sets - stuff like the Kay-bee and K-Mart box sets. I'd save for months to pick those up. So there is some sort of sentimental value there....though as I said you can pick those up for cheap, so the value's still probably a few bucks and not hundreds like people probably hoped when hoarding in the 80's.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, too bad investors will rush out and call the stuff junk; there's some fun stuff here for collectors. Its just another instance of how far apart investors and collectors can be.

rymflaherty said:
As others have already said - looks like all stuff from the dreaded over-production era. Everyone bought the stuff and kept it mint, thinking someday it would be worth something, but since they printed hundreds of thousands if not millions, the stuff is easy to find now due to the internet and pretty much worth pennies on the dollar.

I will say personally though that list does bring back memories.

Most of that stuff is from when I was like 4-7 years old. Looking at the list reminds me of the first time my father brought me to a hobby shop and looking at and wanting all those sets - stuff like the Kay-bee and K-Mart box sets. I'd save for months to pick those up. So there is some sort of sentimental value there....though as I said you can pick those up for cheap, so the value's still probably a few bucks and not hundreds like people probably hoped when hoarding in the 80's.

Members online

Latest posts