Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Iowa Cubs - Ryne Sandberg Success!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
My wife and I drove up to Reno to see the Reno Aces and the Iowa Cubs. Reno Aces didn't show up to play... It was 11-0 when we left after the eigth inning. It was cold and the wind was blowing pretty hard so my wife wanted to leave. The ballpark is nice but small. I really wanted to get Ryne Sandberg's autograph and had read on this site that he usually signs about 30 minutes before game time. Just like clockwork he came out to sign and the crowd was small. Everyone was polite and there was no crowding. My wife and I had each grabbed a baseball and a card and chose different spots along the rail hoping that one of us would be fortunate enough to get his autograph. Since the crowd was so small we were each successful. He was generous with his time and signed for everyone who wanted an autograph. After we got ours, we went back to our seats in Row 4 and took some great pictures. I have softball tonight but I'll scan and post some pictures later in the week.

Before anyone asks... one ball and card are for my brother and I'm keeping one each to display together so nothing is available. Sorry!

Tom

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Tom Oates said:
My wife and I drove up to Reno to see the Reno Aces and the Iowa Cubs. Reno Aces didn't show up to play... It was 11-0 when we left after the eigth inning. It was cold and the wind was blowing pretty hard so my wife wanted to leave. The ballpark is nice but small. I really wanted to get Ryne Sandberg's autograph and had read on this site that he usually signs about 30 minutes before game time. Just like clockwork he came out to sign and the crowd was small. Everyone was polite and there was no crowding. My wife and I had each grabbed a baseball and a card and chose different spots along the rail hoping that one of us would be fortunate enough to get his autograph. Since the crowd was so small we were each successful. He was generous with his time and signed for everyone who wanted an autograph. After we got ours, we went back to our seats in Row 4 and took some great pictures. I have softball tonight but I'll scan and post some pictures later in the week.

Before anyone asks... one ball and card are for my brother and I'm keeping one each to display together so nothing is available. Sorry!

Tom
Congrats Tom Ryno is a great guy and always will take time for the fans, I to0 was lucky a few years back when he was with the Chiefs (Peoria)

I saw him just standing there and walked right up shook his hand and talked for a few minutes then ask him for the Auto, he obliged and even ask me a few questions, which I was like wow I just got his auto very easily and what a nice guy.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Tom Oates":2gffyb01]My wife and I drove up to Reno to see the Reno Aces and the Iowa Cubs. Reno Aces didn't show up to play... It was 11-0 when we left after the eigth inning. It was cold and the wind was blowing pretty hard so my wife wanted to leave. The ballpark is nice but small. I really wanted to get Ryne Sandberg's autograph and had read on this site that he usually signs about 30 minutes before game time. Just like clockwork he came out to sign and the crowd was small. Everyone was polite and there was no crowding. My wife and I had each grabbed a baseball and a card and chose different spots along the rail hoping that one of us would be fortunate enough to get his autograph. Since the crowd was so small we were each successful. He was generous with his time and signed for everyone who wanted an autograph. After we got ours, we went back to our seats in Row 4 and took some great pictures. I have softball tonight but I'll scan and post some pictures later in the week.

Tom
Congrats Tom Ryno is a great guy and always will take time for the fans, I to0 was lucky a few years back when he was with the Chiefs (Peoria)

I saw him just standing there and walked right up shook his hand and talked for a few minutes then ask him for the Auto, he obliged and even ask me a few questions, which I was like wow I just got his auto very easily and what a nice guy.[/quote:2gffyb01]

Arn't guys like that just awesome? I was talking too Terry Ryan last night and he is always up for a chat. They opened up the infield after the game and I had to get the catcher's autograph (who he asked me if I wanted his autograph, then after he handed it to me, he said thanks) and I was comming back up the ramp and he said bye too me. I think he was surprised that someone knew who he was... (which to be honest I didn't, I thought it was Jerry Bell)

Congrats on an awesome success! That is one auto I would love to have

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
As promised... Here are a couple scans. I'm very happy with how the Studio Heritage card turned out.

Sandberg-1.png

Sandberg-2.png

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
They named the aisleway in section 107 Sandberg Alley at Smokies Stadium....That is where everyone would line up to get his auto last year while he coached the TN Smokies, he signed everyday game for around 20 minutes.

Members online

Latest posts