Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

People thought I was crazy praising John Ely....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
but the guy is back at it again. He just wins. Nothing special about him, he just wins. When I started selling off my collection last year, I wish I had held on to more of his stuff to sell now. Thankfully I still have plenty of base, chromes, ref, and blue ref, but the multiple orange and gold refractors would have been selling PRETTY well right now since I bought in so low when 2007 BDP came out.

Anybody else have an Ely stash?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
tommyfro21 said:
but the guy is back at it again. He just wins. Nothing special about him, he just wins. When I started selling off my collection last year, I wish I had held on to more of his stuff to sell now. Thankfully I still have plenty of base, chromes, ref, and blue ref, but the multiple orange and gold refractors would have been selling PRETTY well right now since I bought in so low when 2007 BDP came out.

I live in Ely ... :oops:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
55_marlins_sp said:
tommyfro21 said:

I bet he finds that uncomfortable.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Therion said:
55_marlins_sp said:
tommyfro21 said:

HAHAHA... nice

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Therion said:
55_marlins_sp said:
tommyfro21 said:

That's what most would think ... :geek:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I was at the game tonight, and he just pitches. Fastball doesn't go past 90, change up sits in the low 80's and his curve is slower than the change. Does anyone know his K/BB ratio?

21/0

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
he was one of my favorites to watch in the Sox farm system...he just goes out, pitches, and usually wins with no fanfare, no super fastball, no wicked curve...just a good solid 3rd or 4th starter....damn you Juan Pierre

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
muchuckwagon said:
Hallsgator said:
muchuckwagon said:
It is nice to see a Miami University (Ohio, MUchuckwagon) kid doing well in the bigs! :p
Muck Fiami

I didn't realize you were a hillbilly from Athens! The OU education shows in your spelling. :lol:
Stay classy Miami.

http://deadspin.com/5534166/miami-unive ... ormal-ever

Front row for this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ToCRgH8fg

We're playing the Red Chickens this weekend in baseball too. :)

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Hallsgator said:

First, I miss my days at MU....but that was 16 years ago. However, I love that article. If you ever read any of my posts here or on the BMB you know this is right up my alley!

"As you can tell from the detailed description in her letter, both male and female attendees went completely nuts: puking on themselves, breaking crystal vases, decapitating stone lion statues, urinating in sinks, pooping on the side of the building, screwing in the caterer closet, boinking in the beach house. "They were out of control," Phipps said."

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
And he wins yet again tonight!

Really missing the 2 plates and 3 orange ref and 3 gold refs I sold after he was traded to the Dodgers. Wishing I had held just a little bit longer...did well selling them then, but the ROI would be REALLY nice right now!

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
tommyfro21 said:

Really missing the 2 plates and 3 orange ref and 3 gold refs I sold after he was traded to the Dodgers. Wishing I had held just a little bit longer...did well selling them then, but the ROI would be REALLY nice right now!

WHen 07 came out his gold ref was cheap... like $7 cheap... today one went for 55... up up and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
loftlife said:
tommyfro21 said:

WHen 07 came out his gold ref was cheap... like $7 cheap... today one went for 55... up up and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah, that's when I was buying his stuff. I was able to get oranges for around 10-15, depending who your bought from. At times, I could get his blue or gold refs kicked in a trade for free or real cheap. Not sure how we will play long term but I'm glad I bought him when I did. May have sold a little early on him, but I still made profit which is nice.

Members online