Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spanish Reader needed.. Help Translating 1951 Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

can someone translate this schedule? i know it is cuban, but does it say what team?

!Bs8(p)wCGk~$(KGrHqIOKjQEvUwwdkW9BL52+uNUqw~~_12.jpg
!Bs8(qjwBWk~$(KGrHqQOKiYEu,)H6cjKBL52+))GR!~~_12.jpg

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
the largest figures in the world of baseball always prefer ________ of Guiness beer and dont know the rest

not much of help havent taken spanish in 5 years

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Guinness Head of the Dog? Never heard of that beer, but I want some!

I don't see a team listed there. It seems to be a multi-team schedule.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Here's the translation:

"The biggest figures from the glory days of baseball, always preferred the famous Guinness Doghead beer, besides being exquisite and incomparable, it strengthens and reinvigorates!

Taste it yourself!"

It looks like a Winter League schedule for a Caribbean baseball team, but I can't tell which Latin country.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
"The greatest figures from the glory days of baseball, always prefer the famous beer Guiness Dog's Head, because besides being exquisite and incomparable, it nourishes!, it fortifies!, and it envigorates!

You drink it also."

No mention of team. What does the seal in the corner of the pic say?

G

i sent an email to Bob Lemke and this is his response...

does anyone have more infor on this card?

"Thanks for sending the scans. I'm sorry to report that I have no information about the card. You are certainly correct that it is much scarcer than the usual playing card design, though what premium value may be attached is uncertain.

The combination of Cuban pro ball and beer advertising should increase demand, but again, I have no pricing reference for such an item.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Regards,
Bob Lemke"

does anyone have more infor on this card?

G

yes, it is Babe Ruth. The card design was used for the 1953 Brown & Bigeolw playing cards... this card was issued in 1951 and i have no cluse as to its story...

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
"I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin. " - Ogilvie (from The Bad News Bears) to Buttermaker on what Jose just said (he actually is saying that wearing a protective cup hurts)

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
BowmanChromeAddict said:
KLARNOLD said:
It reads like something "The World's Most Interesting Man" would say.

the_most_interesting_man_in_the_world.jpg

"Stay thirsty my friends"

Those are probably my favorite commercials right now. XX!
These commercials would be awesome if it wasn't some decrepit old man in them. All the build up and bragging for a geezer.

KUHawk

Mar 2, 2010
Kansas City, KS
Rickzcards said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
KLARNOLD said:
It reads like something "The World's Most Interesting Man" would say.

the_most_interesting_man_in_the_world.jpg

"Stay thirsty my friends"

Those are probably my favorite commercials right now. XX!
These commercials would be awesome if it wasn't some decrepit old man in them. All the build up and bragging for a geezer.

The beginning of the one commercial where the dudes drill the ice fishing hole and he pops up out of it with 2 fish in his hand cracks me the hell up. Like he's been just hanging out underwater for a half hour waiting for them to finish drilling the hole. Good stuff! Love those commercials.

Members online

Latest posts