Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have MLB.TV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I bought it at the beginning of the year, but the Tigers game today is blacked out because they're playing Chicago. Apparently Chicago is supposed to be in my cable viewing range, but the game is not on TV here.

If someone is willing to let me use your account for this afternoon, I'd be happy to send somethin your way to thank you. Obviously the Detroit/Chicago game today can't be blacked out for you too :lol:

PM me if you might be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Wes

OG
Administrator
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I bought it at the beginning of the year, but the Tigers game today is blacked out because they're playing Chicago. Apparently Chicago is supposed to be in my cable viewing range, but the game is not on TV here.

If someone is willing to let me use your account for this afternoon, I'd be happy to send somethin your way to thank you. Obviously the Detroit/Chicago game today can't be blacked out for you too :lol:

MLB.tv uses your IP to determine blackouts - not the account. You're gonna need to find a different way to watch it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
LLWesMan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

MLB.tv uses your IP to determine blackouts - not the account. You're gonna need to find a different way to watch it.

Ah ok, darn. Thanks for the info.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":sai1y788]I bought it at the beginning of the year, but the Tigers game today is blacked out because they're playing Chicago. Apparently Chicago is supposed to be in my cable viewing range, but the game is not on TV here.

Ah ok, darn. Thanks for the info.[/quote:sai1y788]

Yup. When I had MLB.tv last year, it became very obvious how it worked. My firm is based in Chicago, so my internet IP address runs through Chicago, even though I'm in Tampa. I could watch Rays (or any other team) I wanted while I was in the office, but not the Cubs or White Sox. At home, on my wireless internet with a Tampa IP, I could watch Cubs/Chisox/anyone else BUT the Rays.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
bozemanbreaker said:
I'm thinking pretty hard about subscribing, maybe I'll give it a month trial.

It is WELL worth the $$..I can absolutely guarantee that you will not regret purchasing so long as you dont have any weird IP issues as some of the posters above. I would not know what to do with myself during baseball season without MLB.tv.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Watching as I type this!

MLB.tv thru your PS3 works near flawlessly and is piped to your HDTV in high definition!

I can't stop watching.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Archives, dude!

Good news is that the archive delay has been reduced from the next morning to now 90 min after the game ends (assuming MLBAM has no technical issues preparing the archives) so you can watch it not that long after it ends.

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
sheetskout said:
Watching as I type this!

MLB.tv thru your PS3 works near flawlessly and is piped to your HDTV in high definition!

I can't stop watching.

Wow, I had no idea there was a ps3 app! I for sure must try this out now :eek:

Members online

Latest posts